How to get the Spotify plugin working

Awesome!
Thanks, I was a bit let down that the Spotify portion of Volumio was so slow and weird but this fixed it.

Hi skikirkwood,

Just for you to know that my Spotify account was in a weird state (it’s a family premium account and someone changed the address of the main account so the rest of them went KO) and that was the reason of the failure.

Etched last version, follow your instructions at https://forum.volumio.org/how-get-the-spotify-plugin-working-t12368.html and everything working again.

Thank you so much for your support and for the working plugin!

Great to here! I have 4 Pis in my house all running Volumio and the Spotify plugin.

After installing custom plugin and entering refresh token, I am able to access playlists, however, none of the songs could be played.

The log shows error:

Any thoughts on this?

Hi skikirkwood,

Also a big THANK YOU from me and my family! Got it up and running on my 4 RPi 3+ effortless! Great work!

:slight_smile:

Hi,
I’m trying to downlad the plugin but I get the following error.

volumio@volumio:~$ wget https://github.com/majko96/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/music_service/spotify/spotify.zip converted 'https://github.com/majko96/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/music_service/spotify/spotify.zip' (ANSI_X3.4-1968) -> 'https://github.com/majko96/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/music_service/spotify/spotify.zip' (UTF-8) --2019-11-01 18:19:47-- https://github.com/majko96/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/music_service/spotify/spotify.zip Resolving github.com (github.com)... failed: Name or service not known. wget: unable to resolve host address 'github.com'

Any thoughts?

Works with Volumio 2.657 and the Custom Plug-In from skikirkwood,

Also a big THANK YOU from me! Great Job!

Got the following Error on installation, but it worked anyway:

Progress: 60
Progress: 70
Progress: 0
Status :The following error occurred when installing the plugin: Error

Looks like there was a networking issue on your Volumio device as it could not resolve the github.com domain name.

Ok for anyone who has it act like it is working but doesn’t - make sure you use the DEVICE USERNAME and PASSWORD for spotify… Ignore deleted problems :slight_smile:

After trying twice without success, I finally just slowed down, deleted both Spotify and Spotify Connect 2 plugins and went through the steps above and voila, success! Only then I had only the Spotify Plugin running, so I could see my playlists, etc., but had no remote control with my phone (volumio rasppi not in available devices). Think think. Oh, maybe the other plugin runs the remote control service. Re-installed the Spotify Connect 2 plugin, turned it on and Voila again, remote control works now too!

Thanks so much for this! And Volumio Team, please say thanks to the author and incorporate this in your next update.

Cheers, K

Thank you very much! Your instructions were very precise. Now I have Spotify on my Volumio.

But… By some reason the songs are playing a little bit faster than the normal. Like in the good and old days of 33 and 45 RPM vinyls…

Could this be caused by the hardware (Orange PI PC)?

Web radio streaming are perfect fine, though.

Thanks.
Regards.

These instructions were for a workaround until the core Volumio team could release a new version of the Spotify plug-in. Not sure what the timing issue is, but I would recommend upgrading to the latest version of Volumio and using the newest supported version of the Spotify plugin, which is version 2.0.2 I believe.

For me the problem is to register Spotify with 2.02.
This one do that.

I am having problems to see Spotify playlists after the Spotify 2.02 was installed, cannot see none under the My playlists. Authorization is done. Volumio reinstalled (newest ver.), no help. I had some older version installed and no problems. Same thing with My Albums and My Tracks but My Top Artists, My Top Tracks and My Recently Played Tracks works.

Update: I had to remove the 2.02 and install manually 1.3.5 as it was instructed earlier, and putting the Refresh token manually. Now I am able to access my Spotify playlists again, so the newest version from the Plugins is not working for me.

Update 2: Problem solved. I installed the 2.02 and tried the authorization while using a different browser. Now it works.

I have 2 raspberrys with volumio on it. For a couple of weeks now I also have a problems with Spotify. The last thing for now is that I have updated to the latest version of volumio and Spotify plugin 2.0.2. On one I got this working and have to test it further. The other one I did the same updates but I cannot authorize Spotify in the plugin. I have the button to authorize but when activated nothing happens, anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk

Ok, solved it myself. Tried this in a laptop instead of on my phone and now it did authorize.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk

Hi guys,

tried to get spotify plug in running according to post #1, everything went fine but i can’t access the website to get my token.
Tried multiple times via safari/iphone and Firefox/Chrome/Edge on Win10.

thanks in advance!
Fabian

Hi Fabian, just install the latest version of Volumio. The newly updated plug-in integrates the Oauth workflow that we had used a stand-alone AWS EC2 server for. Since it’s no longer needed, and it personally cost me $15/month, I took it down over the weekend.

Hey, the refresh token link isn’t working. What is an alternative to it.