How-to FusionDsp

Solved!
The answer is the second part of point A)… it was me…
I wrongly thought that Fusion DSP needed the “software volume” control enabled.
Sadly the switching to “software”, without any Fusion fault, badly degrades the sound quality.
So, everything is fine and many many thanks to @balbuze for the patience kindness and of course great job done in making the Fusion DSP.
:pray:

Glad to read you :hugs:.
But that weird you can notice a such loss in term of quality just because software volume is used. In volumio 3 it processes in 24 b to limit losses.
But anyway, enjoy your music :notes:

1 Like

You can try the Notch Filter.
For my Room i use a Notch Filter with Q 40
40 is the highest you can use.
Maybe that helps

1 Like

Thanks for your responses, I guess switching back and forth between fusiondsp and raw volumio created a bias towards no dsp because of the 2 dB difference in gain. That’s why spl matching is so important in blind testing. Louder will always seem better

Hello. Since v1.0.12, I removed the default -2dB and allow to disable automatic pre amp adjust. You have to ensure to set a correct attenuation to avoid potential clipping.

Thankyou for your reply,
I now understand why my settings are not persistent.
I will now experiment with Fusion Dsp to see if i can obtain the same notch filter that works for me.
If it does …great!
I used the CamillaDSP option because the Gui interface was so easy to use and very user friendly.
I guess i am looking for a “set and forget” setting that is always present when i turn on.
If Camilla dsp can be made to be persistent in the future, it would be a great feature for Volumio.
Thanks again . I will keep on experimenting with this fantastic program!

Bruce

Hello,
In fact, it is already permanent if you process like that :
1- Set FusionDsp in Pure CamillaDsp Gui and open the Gui
2 - From CamillaGUi press ‘fetch from Dsp’

3 - Make your changes and press ‘Apply to Dsp’ to test
4 - If ok, save the config by clicking the floppy icon for camilladsp.yml

Now it is permanent. But you have to keep FusionDsp in Pure CamillaDsp Gui! If you choose an other mode, config will be overwritten.
IMHO, unless you need to set more than two channels, it is not so easy to use Camilla Gui for most users
:wink:

3 Likes

Thankyou, i will give :pray: it a try

Hello,

awesome plugin!!

In fact that awesome that I’d like to switch presets via websocket, so I can use my IR or the Rotary Encoder II plugin to toggle presets. Is that already possible somehow, or more likey a feature request?

Best regards,
Phil

Hello,

has anyone a short list, what all the Parametic EQ will be.

Like:
Peaking HZ/DB/Q
Use HZ for HZ / DB how loud to set the Filter/ Q how wide will the Filter be work (0.1 long > 40 very short)

Notch: HZ/Q
Will be Set a Filter for a very short Range
HZ for HZ / Q for how wide (like Peaking)

but what about bandwith,
what is there to type in, or what does
HighpassFO mean?
:see_no_evil::joy:

Greetz
Flo

1 Like

I have to complete the doc…
By waiting, you can have a look here : https://github.com/HEnquist/camilladsp/blob/master/README.md#iir
:wink:

1 Like

I’m using the plugin to accommodate for different sitting positions that I use in my listening room. But when I save each location in the presets, it will remember the left/right channel gain settings, but it won’t remember the left/right speaker distance for each seating position, and it will just default back to the last one I entered.

1 Like

You are right. Delay settings are not saved in preset
I’ll add it in a next version.
Thanks for the feedback :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Working great now. thanks!

Is it possible to make separate EQ for left and right? If you could do this you should add a button to “make left and right the same” so its easy to duplicate the settings on each channel left to right, and from there, we could make small adjustments at each desired frequency.

Of course.
With graphics Eq, just choose 2x15
With parametric Eq, choose the scope left,right or left+right.
Have a look at the online help FusionDsp How-to

1 Like

Hello,

for this time I use an Highpass Filter (60HZ,1db). Because I need a LowCut
around this range.
Now i have a lot of Clipping when there is Music with deep Bass.
What i have to do?
I think i could set Gain in Mixer (CamillaDSP) from -1 to -2, or is there another way to fix it?

Thanks
Florian

1 Like