how to custom install volumio on raspberry pi2 without image

Hello Guys

A new newby here !!!

How can i custom install volumio on raspberry pi 2 without the normal image.
The reason for this is that i already have a smokeping webserver running on my raspberry pi.
Now i want to install volumio next to my smokeping application.

Is there a tutorial for a custom installation ?

Please help

Best Regards,
MaMeKeDi

Not sure if this will help, but I followed these steps to get Volumio (mostly) running on a CHIP computer. The only issue I had coming out of this was that the current CHIP kernel doesn’t support CIFS so I couldn’t mount my Samba NAS music server. Also, I’m not sure if you need upmpdcli installed to access Volumio from the Volumio app.

Here’s a link to the original post (by mrspiffy)
https://bbs.nextthing.co/t/installing-volumio-on-chip/2181

======

For those looking for instructions on how get volumio on their chip should reference this page:

typingoutloud.org/raspberry-pi-i … -pibang/21

You can disregard everything prior to this line:

“When you’re starting with any new distro, it’s always good to update the system and upgrade (if necessary). We’ll do this with…”

Other Notes

If you want the ramdisk (which I did not) then you’ll need to take a peek at the ramdisk line in /var/www/_OS_SETTINGS/etc/fstab_raspberry, otherwise, you can delete that file (don’t forget to remove it from /etc as well).

Additionally you may need to tinker with fstab to get usb drives to automount. In my case, my music is on a network share, so it was more important in getting that to work than usb drives.

Lastly, you’ll need to visit this site: lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/5

to get upmpdcli onto your chip. This handy little program is the glue between upnp and mpd.

At the end of this, you should have a volumio v 1.55 setup running on your chip that supports airplay, dnla, and upnp.