I’ve been trying to get a newer version of MPD running on my volumio installations (both 1.55 and 2.0).
However it seems that if I use the script found in the build section: github.com/volumio/Build/blob/m … pdbuild.sh
Or any other build MPD script I run into some problems.
Since 1.55 is no longer supported I will focus on 2.0. I was able to compile a newer version (0.19.17), but I needed to update the mpd.conf:
- The bind_to_address value cannot be ‘any’ but must be set to 127.0.0.1
- The samplerate_converter value ‘soxr very high’ is no longer recognized
The script I use to compile MPD is:
echo ‘Installing Required Packages’
apt-get -y install devscripts dh-make
echo ‘Installing Dependencies’
apt-get -y build-dep mpd
echo ‘Getting MPD source tarball’
echo ‘Unpacking Source’
tar xvf *.xz
echo ‘Debianizing Source’
export DEBFULLNAME=“Michelangelo Guarise”
dh_make -f …/mpd-0.19.17.tar.xz -s
cp -r …/debian mpd-0.19.17
echo ‘Compiling into Deb Package’
I perform the following steps:
- I create a temp direction within the volumio home dir
- I copy the debian directory (from the git) and the build script file to the temp dir
- I stop MPD > “sudo /etc/init.d/mpd stop”
- After execution I use “dpkg -i mpd_0.19.17-1_armhf.deb” to install the new version
- I start MPD > “sudo /etc/init.d/mpd start”
Note that if I edit the mpd.conf file I am able to start MPD, it doesn’t seem to work with volumio though.
Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?