How can i set up a Wireless connection with a raspberry pi3?

Hey there, first of all i am completly new with working with Linux, so i am still kind of noob, but i want to change that (; . I have the following problem: i want to host a Wireless Connection on my raspberry pi 3 to stream music on it. Via Lan is that possible but if i am trying to set up a Wireless Connection via lan with the internet interface (volumio.local) i just get this Status: “No Wireless Interface Present”. And i can obviously not find the wifi device… Which command do i need, to install the right “drivers” ? I tried all kind of commands that i found in the threads about this topic (also reinstalling Volumio) but none of than helped so i decided to ask by myself…

Please excuse my englisch its not my first language

Greetings
Lukas

Firstly, have you followed the guide in my signature below to get a working version of Volumio? Can you access the wifi hotspot? Can you see any other networks in the ‘Network’ tab in the UI (with wireless turned on)? Have you tried a USB wifi dongle to check that your onboard wifi is working ok? What version of Volumio are you using?

I guess I have even less knowledge about Linux than you and got not 1 but 2 rpi-3 running Wlan at home. Wanna say, get thru the tutorial, you dont need linux not a single beep!!

Yea I did exactly like in the signature and my Volumio was also working perfectly fine ( I could hear music over it without a problem) but it works only if I connect a ethernet cable. The standard hotspot which should be hosted if there is no ethernet available doesn’t exist and if try to host one over the Volumio local thing nothing is gonna happen. I am not quiet sure where I can find this ´network tab´ and how i see which version of Volumio currently running ?
I have sadly no usb wifi dongle and am concernt that the onbord wifi is broken if it is really that easy like Berry said…

You are making this much more difficult than it needs to be. You do not need linux knowledge to do this as its an easy setup through the WebUI (volumio.local)

Power on your Rpi
Connect your Rpi to Ethernet from your router/modem
Navigate to volumio.local in your web browser
In the top right corner there is a COG icon. This is your settings menu where you can also find your current version under “System”
Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 12.09.00 AM.png

On that dropdown menu is “Network”. Click that and you will be brought to your Network settings page
Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 12.06.24 AM.png

Scroll down and you should see “Wireless networking” button.
Turn it on. Your Wifi is now Enabled on your Rpi.
Below this it should display available Wifi networks around you.
Find your Network SSID and click the “Connect” button.
A popup will then prompt for your password.
Type in your password and you should now be connected to your Wifi Network.

If this doesn’t solve your issue I suggest creating a video or post pictures of what you see because these options should still be displayed on your WebUI even if your onboard Wifi was broken.

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 8.20.26 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-10-05 at 8.20.26 PM.jpg

Yea I know how to do that but thanks. My problem is: I can’t see any networks listed if I enable Wireless Networking in the WebUI and if I refresh the page of the WebUI Wireless Network is again off. Thats why I thought I might need some extra plugins but if there is no other way is my onboard wifi probably dead :frowning: