Hip-pop(!) with RPi and USB DAC

My linear power supply is 13 v 4A but I suggest that it is ok also a 2.5A
What usb chip in your dac? I visited the block dac 100 page but not mention of it.
If it is cm 6631 you can try to apply the fix in sistem option of web ui ? Have you tried?

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi Keres,

I tested the configuration with the cm6631 apllied - this didn’t made any difference. Then I decided to invest in a new power supply and bought a laptop power supply which can do 120W - so It might provide 12 V and 6.50 A, which should really be enough power! But this made again no difference, which let’s meback somewhat really frustrated, since this had become a expensive invest that doesn’t work. I will ask my HiFi-Dealer whether I could get a different DAC for testing.
In the meantime it would be nice if you can provide me the output of “aplay -L” and the /etc/mpd.conf of your udoo quad.

best regards

fish

P.S.: Oh yes, I tested sound input from usb stick as well which didn’t make a difference either … :frowning:

1 Like

Weird :frowning: I don’t have any linux experience, my dac work out of the box and work very very well with the xmos integrated interface+ Volumio.
I don’t know how help you, peraphs Mikelangelo read this tread.
I am selling my utilite,I want to buy another udoo for my other set up, if you want try compulab utilite let me know.
Mmmm… any other here with udoo?
My earlier dac asus one with cm 6631 don t have any issue with my udoo, but I tested only 16 44.1 flac.

… Have you tried if ubuntu work without issue?

Ciao

1 Like

Hi Keres,
it’s magic! As announced I’ve got a new DAC from my HiFi Dealer: B.M.C. Pure DAC - it’s got the same Chipset as yours “XMOS USB Audio 2.0 x20”. And there it is: it works from the beginning without any struggling and even with the original power supply :slight_smile: This suggests that it would be a very good idea to make up a compatibility list of working devices!

There is mainly one question remaining: do you have a nice case for your udoo quad and what’s the reseller of it. In the moment I’m going by lego but I’m not sure whether I want to use lego forever!

Best regards

fish

No I don t have a nice case for my udoo, this is the cause I get an Utilite. I have my case for udoo but is not a beautiful thing to view :slight_smile:

f.i.s.h

Perhaps a more useful list would be one of known ‘problem’ devices, together with a description of the overall configuration in which the problem occurs?

I have been trying to find out whether my DAC is a ‘problem’ DAC before spending more time & money on new ‘servers’, but at the moment I just don’t know whether it is.

Anyway, glad to hear that all is now working well for you. Enjoy Volumio & your music.