Hifiberry Digi with beta 1.2

Just got my Hifiberry Digi !
It was a little bit difficult to make it run
Just want to share my experience:

I thought I just have to enable I2c drivers in Web Ui as drivers for hifiberry now included in the last Volumio release. But it was not running.
After severals coffees and words that I cannot repeat here :wink:

Had to connect via SSH

sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install git-core sudo apt-get install binutils sudo rpi-update sudo reboot

Had to edit /etc/modules and delete

snd_soc_hifiberry_dac snd_soc_rpi_dac

to be like that

snd_soc_bcm2708 snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s bcm2708_dmaengine snd_soc_pcm5102a snd_soc_hifiberry_digi

I want to thank you for the easy to follow instructions!!! Works with version 1.1 as well. :smiley:

Thanks for this. I’ve been having troubles, so I have been attempting your fix. I get to rpi-update and get this:

GnuTLS: A TLS warning alert has been received. Unable to establish SSL connection. !!! Failed to download update for rpi-update! !!! Make sure you have ca-certificates installed and that the time is set correctly

Not really sure what to do at that point.

EDIT: I should add that I tried the two fixes on the rpi-update site to update time and install ca-certificates and still have the issue.
EDIT2: Missed this step when installing rpi-update.

sudo wget https://raw.github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update/master/rpi-update -O /usr/bin/rpi-update && sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/rpi-update

Finished all the steps now, and I’m up and running. Crystal clear sound running pretty flawlessly via Airplay.

@ptiboubou - Thank you so much for the tutorial! :smiley: Now my digi is working like a charm.