HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro and Volumio 2

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask Michelangelo when the version with the updated kernel for hifiberry digi + pro will come out.
Thanks and good Sunday to everyone.

Maybe you can ask him personally (private message)??

Does anyone know if they’ve added support in the new version (2.163)?

I don’t know but I get the impression support for the Digi+ Pro has not the highest priority although many people are asking for it.

Not that I underestimate the effort of the development of software as this but Michelangelo has nothing said about it this since

on the 29th of March.

Updating the kernel is a major change, which requires a lot of careful consideration and testing. Please bear with the Volumio devs, who are trying to ensure that the changes are as transparent & pain-free as possible. :slight_smile:

I actually have the feeling that a board like the Digi+ Pro, that has kernel support, is one of the main reasons that the Volumio devs are so busy with a major overhaul to be able to support easy kernel updating in the future. I could be wrong though :slight_smile:

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

But of course this is not an easy thing, I only repeated Michelangelo’s own words which created expectations.

You’re right, things went longer than expected. We have completed the kernel updater, but it will take a while before it will be deployed.
So don’t expect anything soon

Ok, thx for your answer. Keep up the good work. :sunglasses:

I wonder if it’s almost ready.

Same here,
Running runeaudio for now, but it’s Just not on par with volumio.

Tomorrow we will publish a “special” image for Hifiberry Digi+ PRO and Allo DigiOne :wink:

Great I can’t wait [emoji2]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC 10 met Tapatalk

Sweet! In case anyone else is wondering, you can download it here: https://volumio.org/forum/hifiberry-digi-pro-and-allo-digione-volumio-special-version-t6849.html

Thnx a lot, hope to try it on Friday :smiley:

From Volumio version 2.246 (31-07-2017) the kernel is updated to version 4.9.36.
Installed the HifiBerry Digi+ Pro without any problems!

Should be no problem to use the HifiBerry Digi+ Pro after volumio version 2.246!

Hi,
Can you tell me, can i get 24bit 196khz on spdif using Raspberry Pi 3, hifiberry digi+ and Volumio ? When im using USB dac plugged into raspberry, it seems volumio uses something like 16bit

Will update to spdif on raspberry help me to gain better sound quality with external dac over spdif? I will connect it into nuforce dac 80 or Aune s6.

Thanks !
Luke

Yes you can get up to 192/24 on coaxial spdif with the Hfb Digi+. But not if using optical which has a max of 96/24.

Look at the Hfb Digi+ Pro or the Allo DigiOne if you are looking to buy and budget allows it. Both these boards are better as the use own clocks for timing instead of depending on the ‘bad for music’ Pi clock.

Btw; the usb rate depends on the usb conversion chip in your dac.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk