Hi from Henning in Berlin, Germany

I am running Volumio on a rPi2 with an Audiphonics ESS DAC hat for the last 5 years. It is connected to an vintage Rotel pre-/power amp combo (RC 870BX & RB 850) and ultimately a pair of Canton CT100 floostanders.

I mostly listen to Qobuz (Sublime) through Volumio and I am very happy with the sound.

I have tried other platforms (LMS on iMac and Squeezelite player on rPi, picore and dietpi, Max2Play) but I find myself returning to Volumio on a regular basis.

The iMac died after 16 years of service just a few weeks ago. Until then, I used Audirvana and the Audirvana remote app to feed the rPi, since then, I am back to the Volumio app but I am missing some Qobuz options, that were available in Audirvane (e.g.: selecting genres in new releases) but I am hopeful, that Volumio comes around to offer that. (Yes, I am on the latest beta with new Tidal and Qobuz integration).

But these are minor irks. All in all, Volumio offers tremendous quality and I have happily recommended it to frienda quite a few time over the last years.

tumblr_inline_oede2qE3ir1sntz01_500

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Looks a nice setup.

Did you run it for 5 years without a case? Whenever I don’t put a pi in a case I always seem to short something and break either the pi or something that’s attached to it.

Indeed, the pi runs faultlessly for the last 5 years without a case. It does not get moved very often, though.