Hi from Hampshire, UK

I’ve had a Pi for about 18 months and I’ve been using RaspyFi for the last 3 months and have just upgraded to Volumio.
I’m currently using a Beresford TC-7520 DAC via USB, and I’m in the process of ripping my CD collection to FLAC.

I’ve been interested in hifi for about 25 years but have become a little cynical of the hifi industry (especially the hifi press), so finding low cost but high fidelity solutions is great in my books.

I’m interested in the i2s DACs you mention in the first blog post… I know hifi tends to be very subjective but I’d be interested to get an idea of how these i2s DACs compare to commercial DACs.

Thanks for this excellent software!

I do perfectly understand your view on hi-fi press. But not everyone is an evil… And finding the truth is really an intimate responsability, for all of us.
Thats why I guess we have met here…

I’ll make a in depth post soon about the different I2S DACs. Let me anticipate they sound incredibly good for the cost…

The combo raspberry pi + Volumio + I2S DACS evocates me the very same excitement the T-amp gave me back in time…

You’ll have to bookmark in your book that (horrible abuse of english here…)

Anyway hope you got it!