Help needed to test Spotify plugin with Oauth

I followed instructions from page 1 and it works flawless after reboot. I just copied code from GIT into my local editor. Pasted API string to proper line 511 and uploaded it via WinSCP.

thank you!!!

PS: now I still need to get volconnect working for my Windows Spotify.exe

Great to hear! Nice that Amazon Web Services offers a free tier, which is what the Oauth code is running on right now to generate the access token.

:smiley:
Works fine for me too !
(with my noob copy and paste method)
Not: using a family account

We’re on a roll here! I looked into adding pagination so we can display more than 50 playlists and more than 100 tracks in a playlist. I’ll push out an updated version with support for that when I get some free time.

Cool thing about being on the new Spotify Web API is that it has a large number of really useful end points. Most interesting is an API call that generates recommendations based upon seeds such as artist, track, album, genre, etc., so hope to add that sometime in the near future.

More or less the way I build my Spotify playlists

BTW according your avatar you and I have the same hobby
What kind of brand do you have ? :slight_smile:

That’s a Honda HS-1132 snowblower. I have a vacation house up in Kirkwood, a ski resort near Lake Tahoe. The house is at 7800 feet and averages 500 inches of snow per year. Two years ago we got over 800 inches. Love my snowblower! If only I had one for the 40 foot wide deck in front of the house!

500+ inches … that’s amazing. I think I need to relook at the geography of California. Presumably the Sierra Nevada ??

Be interesting to compare with the Alps … are you listening Balbuze & Ge?

Yes, south of Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada. Two years ago when we got 830 inches the snow reached the roofline of my two story house up there. You had to have the lights on during the day downstairs as snow covered all of the windows. I had to shovel by hand 6 feet of snow on my 40 foot wide upstairs outside deck. That was a good workout!

@skikirkwood

:smiley:

Or as I like to express it, “There exists only 2 types of snowblowers , a new Honda and a used Honda.”.
My Honda (i’m not sure about modell ) but she is a 23 years old petite princess , easy handled with hydrostatic drive and stepless controls.
A pure beauty that has given me so much help this winter and many winters before that.
snö2.jpg

Nice photo - where is it? I bought my house in Kirkwood 18 years ago from the guy who built it, and bought his brand new Honda HS-1132 (at the time their top of the line) from him. Blows snow 50 feet into the air, moves a ton/minute. It’s my favorite toy. Nothing like waking up to the sound of avalanche blasting, and going out and blowing 2 - 3 feet of light powder off of the driveway.

My driveway
I live in the northern parts of Sweden
The photo is taken 14/2 at lunchtime , the sun just sneaked up over the horizon and sending a light plume in the air

For me it workes too and makes me very happy (replacing index.js using winscp)!
Thank you skikirkwood!
One little (new) problem left: “My Top Artists” gives no reaction.

Have you used your Spotify account for a long time? Spotify generates that list after some amount of listening, not sure what the threshold is. Could be another problem too.

If you’d be open to help debug it, here’s what to try:

First go here and login with your Spotify credentials:

developer.spotify.com

Click on “Personalization” in the left navigation.

Click on the API call so you are here:

developer.spotify.com/console/g … nd-tracks/

Click “Get Token” at the bottom of the screen, check the “user-top-read” checkbox and then “Request Token”. In “Type” type artists and click “Try it” at the bottom of the screen.

Scroll down and in the right panel you will see the JSON response from Spotify. Let me know what you get. That’s the same API I’m making, although I’m doing it through a Node.js wrapper to the REST API call.

Very nice! While we get lots of snow in Kirkwood, I live in Palo Alto with its mild Mediterranean climate. So it’s great to be able to drive 4 hours and be in the deep snow of the high Sierra, and then you drive back home and everything turns green again.

A friend of mine from high school lives in Stockholm and we visited her a few years ago. Wish I had more time to explore Sweden. We flew into London and then took a bunch of trains to Sweden. Watching the train go into a ferry to cross the water in Denmark was pretty amazing. I believe the train we took in Sweden tilted around turns.

Hi,

Tested. It is working also for me!

I hope I did all as described.
I got following JSON responses:

Hope it helps!

Sorry, there is much more (attached).
JSON response.rar (6.52 KB)

BTW “Top Tracks” works.

Tried now with ‘artists’. Response see attached.
JSON response1.rar (4.37 KB)

Think I found it. I was lazy and didn’t put a check in everywhere for images, and you have one artist returning an empty array of images:

{
      "external_urls": {
        "spotify": "https://open.spotify.com/artist/6DDtQb0xZ9DLAGq0R6frpU"
      },
      "followers": {
        "href": null,
        "total": 283
      },
      "genres": [],
      "href": "https://api.spotify.com/v1/artists/6DDtQb0xZ9DLAGq0R6frpU",
      "id": "6DDtQb0xZ9DLAGq0R6frpU",
      "images": [],
      "name": "Hans Theesink",
      "popularity": 9,
      "type": "artist",
      "uri": "spotify:artist:6DDtQb0xZ9DLAGq0R6frpU"

I’ll try to put out a patch this weekend and let you know where you can grab it.