Help needed to test Spotify plugin with Oauth

does it mean that spotify will only work after paying myvolumio?

No, if possible (aka costs of server side are not too much to bear) we will just require a free myvolumio account.

FWIW, we already extract the required token with the volspotconnect2 plugin. It’s baked into the vollibrespot back end, and I could expose some sort of interface for this Spotify plugin to also get the token automagically…

It seems to me, that 54.86.144.136:8888/ is down?

It’s working for me right now. I am in the U.S., is it possible you have some kind of firewall issue? I set up Node.js as a service on the server, so should it go down it restarts automatically.

Sorry, you’re right! It’s my DSL ISP, that blocks that IP :open_mouth:
When using VPN to another network, that uses same ISP, it’s also blocked, but it works using mobile data connection… Sorry!

Yesterday I had some hickups with Spotify, so I updated Volumio to it’s newest Version, unfortunatly something went wrong,
so I had to reinstall a fresh Version on the SD Card.
Now I went over again with the Spotify installation, but now I am not able to play any Playlists anymore.

Single Tracks can be played, but Playlists are not opening.

Anyone else having an Issue with Spotify?

UPDATE:
Using this Installation of the Spotify Plugin, everything is now back to work.
how-get-the-spotify-plugin-working-t12368.html

Good news folks! Finally we managed to fix the Spotify plugin (and to revamp it a little…).
We implemented a cloud routine in Volumio which allows to execute OAUTH Authentication, and implemented this user flow in Volumio’s UI and Spotify plugin.
So, starting from version 2.0.0 (released today) no more tricks are required to access the library in full.
So, just install the plugin, follow the instructions and enjoy.

Thanks to Skirkwood, which lead the way to use Oauth and improved the plugin a lot, wihtout him this would not have been possible.

PS: To use Oauth functionality, Volumio version 2.671 is requred.

:slight_smile: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Spotify plugin 2.0.2 work well! thanks! :slight_smile:

This is great. Working a treat and has fixed constant issues I’ve had with scrobbling. Nice work! :smiley:

Hi folks,

Great job. !I have tested it this morning, the oauth flow is working very well . well done.

additionnal question: when do you plan to support pagination (especially to manage playlist with more than 50 songs). ?

Keep up the good work !

After a fresh install on a new image I finally had this working last week.

However, now I am getting an Unauthorized error:
… An error occurred while listing Spotify new albums WebapiError: Unauthorized
… info: An error occurred while listing Spotify featured playlists WebapiError: Unauthorized
… info: An error occurred while listing Spotify categories WebapiError: Unauthorized

Logout and new connection didn’t solve the problem.

How do I fix this?

@Pierre: the pagination issue is addressed in this thread: https://forum.volumio.org/spotify-playlist-only-items-are-shown-t10296.html

EDIT
Datetime was not properly set on my device. Looks like procedure spotifyCheckAccessToken needs a proper datetime. After setting it and disable/enable plugin the problem is solved for now…

quickly browsed through this thread, but couldn’t find the answer of whether the support for more than 50, 100 results or whatever the limit is had been rectified? or have people stop using this plugin and gone with the spotify connect plugin?

I never found the time to add pagination to the plug-in. The Spotify web API returns a maximum of 50 results, so somebody needs to update the plugin to provide pagination controls for things like the number of playlists, tracks within a playlist, etc.

ah ok. thanks for the update and also all the work you’ve put into this. much appreciate it :).

This looks like the same problem I have. I have volumio 2.861 using the RaspDac image from audiophonics.

• from the log the difficulty is apparent - the spotify authorisation seems to be the problem:

Nov 30 10:56:02 volumio volumio[968]: info: An error occurred while listing Spotify featured playlists WebapiError: Unauthorized
Nov 30 10:56:02 volumio volumio[968]: info: An error occurred while listing Spotify new albums WebapiError: Unauthorized
Nov 30 10:56:02 volumio volumio[968]: info: An error occurred while listing Spotify categories WebapiError: Unauthorized

Following this thread and others I figured it might be a timezone thing so I changed it to Pacific/Auckland, I have:

volumio@volumio:/data/plugins/system_controller/audiophonicsonoff$ date
Tue Nov 30 11:06:11 NZDT 2021

which is correct. I also have RaspDacDisplay running which had set the timzone to Europe/Paris so I changed it to Pacific/Auckland too

Adjust this setting to localize the time display to your region
TIME24HOUR=True
TIMEZONE=“Pacific/Auckland”

But still no joy :frowning: Appreciate any thoughts

The expired certificates might be your problem, they are fixed in release 2.915 (30-09-2021):
Fix connection error due to expired certificates
For more information: Important notice to all Volumio 2.xxx users, firmware update needed! - Help and Support - Volumio

Thank you Marcos :smiley: I updated to 2.915 and the problem is solved! Too easy… why didn’t I think of that :frowning:

1 Like

i m not sure if anybody else has this issue. i installed the plugin on v3 and its telling me that i use wrong username or password. but i know credentials are right.
i even have it on v2 and it works fine. if you have any idea…