Help installing Volumio on Raspberry Pi 2

Hey guys.
My name is Matt. Very new to using this (actually can’t even install it). I heard that it was a very good OS for using on Raspberry Pi2. I can’t seem to figure out how to install it. Any tips?
I’ve dowloaded it. Used Win32 Disk Imager to write to micro SD card. Loaded in pi and no go. Just a bunch of words on a screen. Is it supposed to run like an OS or am I missing something?
Thanks

Hi,
Volumio is not designed to be used with a screen/keyboard/mouse. You have to access to it from a other device (smartphone / computer ).
Just open your webbroswer and type http://volumio.local or from android the IP address of your Pi.

Hi mate.
thanks for the response. I legit have no idea how to work this thing. Is the Pi meant to have Raspbian running on it first before I add volumio? Or do I just have Volumio on the SD card by itself?
I’ve connected it via HDMI to a television and can see volumio loading and nothing. So I then used an ethernet cable to connect it to my laptop. But I can’t seem to find the Pi in my network. Put the volumio.local in browser. Nothing.
I have no idea. There doesn’t seem to be a document that explains it very well that I can read either.

If you connected to a TV via HDMI and you could see the PI booting and finishing with an ASCII art “Volumio” on the display, then it is correctly installed.

Typing volumio.local in the browser wont work unless you have Zero Configuration networking set up on the PC. It’s called “Bonjour” on Apple computers and it’s enabled by default. Depending on your version of Windows, you might need to configure it.

Don’t connect the PC to the PI with an ethernet cable. That doesn’t create a network.

Try to find the IP address of the RPI. It may be displayed when starting up, so you might see it on the TV if you have that connected. Otherwise you need to log in to your router and look for it there. Then type the IP address in the browser, e.g. 192.168.1.99

To get the IP adress just type ifconfig on the Raspberry.

If you need to login you can use :

Login : pi
password : raspberry

Keep on, volumio is worth the effort.