Going back to my online radio days back in 98, playlists and the like were a big thing, for e.g. I noticed today that my library scan left out certain folders, mostly because the name of the folders would have a ; in the name or a spurious character and once I removed it, it would show up, ok minor bug that will be ironed out. I would love to see a log file which shows which folders didn’t import, this would reduce the amount of issues being raised and allow the end users to focus on renaming their folders with spurious characters in them or whatever the parser doesn’t support.
Pi 3 and embedded systems were designed for portable projects and not really for full blown media / commercial products, however that means we should work within the framework of the system, ok Debian Jessie is a good framework but is it light enough? using chromium were always going to be limited by the browser, memory constraints? could the team approach the client app like a mobile app, this is more like heading towards a commercial release type stuff.
I came to the conclusion that if you just allow people to turn on and off various elements in the config.txt, or during install, build a config.txt that enables and disables based on the particular use, there are so many variables, disable hdmi, enable touch screen, HDMI output as a second output, type of SD card power requirements etc…
just me babbling but I really like Volumio it took me a whole weekend of building, rebuilding, trying various setups etc and it works great, I feel like I am starting to get to know it with all its quirks. It took me a while to figure out how to enable the touch screen with a plugin etc this would be a great install feature or another build set to drive more adoption, everyone these days wants plug and play.
Look forward to interacting and thanks for the reply.