Hello from North Idaho, USA

Hi

I’m a neophyte to using Linux but I wanted to find out what small embedded processors were all about so I bought a Odroid C2 and HiFi-Shield to get started on building a music server system. I frequently visit the head-fi forum because I like headphones and IEMs and I like good audio gear. I’m retired so I have time to play with programming even though I haven’t programmed since Basic, Fortran IV and Cobol were the latest new languages. My first programs were complied from punched cards–you can guess how old I am…

In the rest of my life I have 5 grandchildren, 3 children, and a wife. We live at the edge of the woods and enjoy wildlife, hiking, skiing, rowing and paddling, photography and occasionally a little fly-fishing.

I just managed to install Volumio 2.0 on my Odroid C2. My does it sound good! I look forward to seeing Volumio 2.0 add features and become more popular. I expect to learn a lot here thanks to all of you who know what you are doing.

I received a PM from my first post but I can’t answer because I haven’t made enough posts to have PM privileges. Looks like my lurking days are over…

Don’t worry, will solve itself…