After MusicBox, RuneAudio, Max2Play and Volumio attempts, I am here on Volumio for so many reasons. Perhaps someone else seeking a solution for their HiFiBerry DAC+, et al, will find this.
First and foremost - it’s simple to set up and get going.
- Including: AirPlay is active by default with nothing special else to do
Next in importance - Volumio is up-to-date!
- MusicBox and RuneAudio images are dated! Seems no one is doing anything with them since mid-2016.
- Max2Play is also up-to-date, but the options are a bit too many to figure out if I’m overloading the simple setup I need.
I know there is a “suggest a feature” section to this Forum, but while I’m here:
- A web page lock if you attempt to head into anything Administrative
** That INCLUDES Playlist management!
- Speaking of playlists - man, the simple format of RuneAudio’s playlist files would be so much easier to set up at a shell prompt (SSH).
That’s all - just happy!
Features I liked on Max2Play, but …
- It can cast to Google Chromecast devices on your network …
… but it cannot synchronize the physical output timing with the Chromecast devices’ timing.
(And, I understand completely why that is — I’m just sayin’)
- One interface can manage casting different songs to different devices …
… but then I feel like an AirPlay traffic controller
Cheers and thanks for Volumio.
Oh, and the iPhone app is nice & convenient, too!