Headless Project Stream Box + Volumio PC as control?

Hey, I’ve been enjoying the Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra, which seems to run a version of Volumio.

If I install and run another cut of Volumio on a dedicated touchscreen laptop running either Windows, Android or Linux, on the same network, would I be able to control the streambox volumio interface with the laptop? Or do I need to stick to their proprietary Pro-Ject app for phone control only?

For over a year I’ve just hooked the Stream Box up to a tiny 6inch touchscreen panel via HDMI so I can control without needing a TV, but I’ve got an old Windows 14" touchscreen Yoga now that I’m thinking about throwing Android on and standing up as a smart hub type of device so I’ve got more screen to work with, plus a more convenient universal remote.

I know nothing about this device, but according to their website it is “Controllable via smart devices and PC/Laptop.” So you don’t need to be running an additional instance of Volumio, rather you just point a browser on your device of choice at the IP address of your Strem Box.

I know nothing about this device, but according to their website it is “Controllable via smart devices and PC/Laptop.” and “is fully remoteable via smart devices and a regular web-browser.” So you don’t need to be running an additional instance of Volumio, rather you just point a browser on your device of choice at the IP address of your Strem Box.