[Guide] SMB/CIFS shares in Volumio 1.5

Nice info!

I finally got my apple Time Capsule disk connected to Volumio. It worked with only one advanced option: “sec=ntlm”. Any additional options broke the connection.

Thanks

Connecting to a Debian Samba Network Share using Volumio (not the 2 version) on a Pi Zero, the above solution worked for me perfectly, thnks! :sunglasses:

Thanks MHD, adding uid=106 did the trick for me.

My smb server runs under Android. I first tried the Ice cold app which worked library scan wise right away (but had some performance issues). I then installed SambaDroid where the lib scan did not work (tried as guest as well as with user id & password). Shame that these things always turn out to be annoying. Well, at least MHD saved my day.

EasyNAS 0.6.5 working with mount flags: “ro,nounix,sec=ntlmv2”

My setup:

Running:
Volumio 2.129 on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

Connecting to:
A USB hard drive on a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B running Raspbian on my network.

Works with:
nounix,sec=ntlm

Hi,

had the exact same problem on a fresh volumio2 installation on a raspberry pi 3.
The share is on a Thecus NAS N5500 with Firmware 5.03.02

Have also uploaded a log file (now unnecessary)
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/0sxsWsl.html

At first the solution didnt work.
Then i noticed with

more /etc/passwd

that the user “mpd” got the uid 110 in my case

With the advanced option for the NAS share

uid=110

it finally worked

Thanks MSH !

Have a nice evening
brangway

Can’t get a Windows 10 share to work. The folder is shared with “Read” permissions to “Everyone” and “Guest” (I did specifically enable the Guest user account). Password protected sharing is off, here are my Windows sharing settings:

I’m positive I have specified the parameters correctly in VolumIO web UI:

Tried “vers=2.0”, “vers=1.0” to no avail. The problem is no matter what I do, login credentials are requested (user / password), and the UI does not let me enter the user name and leave password empty. This share has no password!!!

A bunch of other Windows PCs (Windows 7 and Windows 10) are able to view this share with no request for credentials at all. Any advice?

P. S. ES File Manager app on my Android phone is able to auto-detect this share and connect to it without requesting user name or password.