Graphic Equalizer for Volumio

Hi Guys,

Over the past couple of days I have successfully flashed Volumio V1.55 onto a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Desktop (Quad Core CPU 900 MHz, 1 GB RAM, Linux) using a 8 GB micro SD card. Hooked it up to the home wifi, attached an external USB HDD (externally powered) and all seems to be working astonishing well. The only glitch I ran into was the OS’s inability to recognize my ARCAM rDAC that had been set to run in USB 1.0 mode. I was about to give up on my little Raspberry Pi audio server project when I discovered a tiny slider switch on the back side of my DAC that allows me to switch to USB class 2. Everything works like a charm after the DAC has been trown into USB 2.0.

With the basics out of the way, I am keen to understand where we are with a graphic equalizer on Volumio. I have seen some posts indicating various levels of success with alsaequal and am curious to understand if it can be integrated into Volumio with a web interface.

Please let me know if any work has been done in this area. I am myself an IT systems developer and would love to contribute towards this integration if required.

A big thanks to this community for developing such an amazing distro. I must say it addresses most expectations that an audiophile would have of a skinny, low-cost audio server that can compliment hi-end hi-fi systems that people spend so much money on.

Regards,

Dipak Jha