FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Is this a general example or already customized for my speakers?

Here is a pdf with a little more data. I have not found more. Please excuse me, I have no deeper experience with this.

1 Like

Il is a general example.
I have no practical experience with this filter…but search in post above, an other user did it and posted some curve. It always better to check result with measures.

I don’t have the equipment for that.
I will test with the 15 band Eq by ear.

See that

Edit. Enable Loudness with a volume threshold high (80?). It will increase low frequencies

As soon as I activate FusionDsp, I have no sound and my music library from the connected USB stick is empty. When I deactivate FusionDsp and start volumio again, the music library is available again and I have sound again.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/y4HtsoC.html

You have peppy Alsa enabled… Not tested or supported… Disable it, reboot and let me know how FusionDsp works :wink:

1 Like

Ah ok. I disabled peppymeter, restarted and now the sound works with FusionDsp.

I just want to say “Thank You” to @balbuze for this tool! I have been playing around with it on my setup, and using FusionDSP with a newly acquired SMSL THX headphone amplifier to drive my headphones (DAC is SMSL SU9, RasPi feeds this via USB). One of these is a pair of Dan Clark Aeon X Closed and I was having trouble getting these to sound as good as I know they can. I installed FusionDSP and input the Oratory EQ settings for those headphones.

Wow! what a difference! This is a fantastic tool and makes the RasPi and Volumio truly a powerful streaming solution. It’s been very stable as well - thanks again for the work on this!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Very pleasant to read such a things :smiley:
Enjoy your music!

2 Likes

Hi @balbuze, I can’t seem to install the plugin due to not being able to install on Volumio version 3.233.0?
Can you help me out please? Thanks!

You need to update volumio to version> 3.236. The beta in V3.249 is available… But it’s beta, so consider that :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! I’ll check it out

1 Like

Update on the release of the version which includes all the elements for FusionDSP: we found a small bug that introduces audio glitches on some DACs.
So we can’t release it yet (thanks to our QA for spotting this bug), but we are working very fast on a fix and hope to release in the next few days.

2 Likes

Greetings to you all.
I tried to make the Loudness curve from FusionDSP a bit more accurate
v1.06 so that it comes as close as possible to the ISO 226: 2003 standard. It wasn’t easy for me, but it only took a few evenings … I don’t have a program or I don’t know if it exists. In this experiment, I had to make do with my own Excel spreadsheet.
The result of the experiment looks like this:
// ------ volume loudness section —

let loudness = self.config.get ('loudness')
  if (loudness) {
    self.logger.info ('Loudness is ON' + loudness)
    var composedeq = '';
    var pipelineL = '';
    var pipelineR = '';
    composedeq + = 'highshelf: \ n'
    composedeq + = 'type: Biquad \ n'
    composedeq + = 'parameters: \ n'
    composedeq + = 'type: Highshelf \ n'
    composedeq + = 'freq: 10620 \ n'
    composedeq + = 'q: 1.38 \ n'
    composedeq + = 'gain:' + (loudnessGain * 0.2811168954093706) .toFixed (2) + '\ n'
    composedeq + = '\ n'
    composedeq + = 'lowshelf: \ n';
    composedeq + = 'type: Biquad' + '\ n';
    composedeq + = 'parameters:' + '\ n';
    composedeq + = 'type: LowshelfFO \ n';
    composedeq + = 'freq: 120 \ n';
    composedeq + = 'gain:' + loudnessGain + '\ n';
    composedeq + = '' + '\ n';
    composedeq + = 'peakloudness: \ n';
    composedeq + = 'type: Peaking \ n';
    composedeq + = 'freq: 2000 \ n';
    composedeq + = 'q: 0.6 \ n';
    composedeq + = 'gain:' + (loudnessGain * -0.061050638902035) .toFixed (2) + '\ n';
    composedeq + = '' + '\ n';
    composedeq + = 'peakloudness2: \ n';
    composedeq + = 'type: Peaking \ n';
    composedeq + = 'freq: 4000 \ n';
    composedeq + = 'q: 1.38 \ n';
    composedeq + = 'gain:' + (loudnessGain * -0.0274491244675816) .toFixed (2) + '\ n';

composedeq + = ‘’ + ‘\ n’;
composedeq + = ‘peakloudness3: \ n’;
composedeq + = ‘type: Biquad’ + ‘\ n’;
composedeq + = ‘parameters:’ + ‘\ n’;
composedeq + = ‘type: Peaking \ n’;
composedeq + = ‘freq: 8000 \ n’;
composedeq + = ‘q: 2.13 \ n’;
composedeq + = ‘gain:’ + (loudnessGain * 0.0709891150023663) .toFixed (2) + ‘\ n’;
composedeq + = ‘’ + ‘\ n’;
result + = composedeq
// ----- loudness pipeline

I will send a comparison with the ISO standard.
Peter

2 Likes

Fantastic!
I’m going to test it.
If ok, should be in v1.0.7
Thanks!

edit : I need to manage clipping at low level

3 Likes

I don’t understand, can you describe what you mean?

When a signal is at max 0dB and you add 22dB, clipping occurs. The way is to reduce the signal to avoid it. But I know how to do …

I guess I understand. I’m currently using SW volume, so that’s probably not the case.
My current DAC can’t do “Harware Mixer on Volumio”.
I did not find any DAC that would allow MQA and Harware Mixer on Volumio at the same time. Likewise, no DSP intervention in the MQA signal will be possible.
Do you have any information about that? I’d rather forget about MQA than DSP.
Thank you, Petr

To be more precise, FusionDsp already handle attenuation to avoid clipping pretty well ;-). In some case, with high gain convolution filter (12dB or more) plus Loudness it may clip. You can see it in CamillaDsp gui.
It is possible to add attenuation for left and right channel… So I think I won’t change anything…
About MQA, I don’t use it… But as I understood, any intervention on the signal “destroy” MQA information.
I won’t debate about it, but you have so much real improvement with a DSP compare to obscurs commercial practises…