FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

loudness in testing on primo with volumio3, so far so good :+1:

It seems I don’t have the “Loudness” option… Am I wrong?

(Volumio 3.251 - FusionDSP 1.0.7)

Loudness is not available if volume mixer is set to “none” in volumio playback setting.
Check it please.

2 Likes

Hello Again! Mr. Spellcheck back again. The popup window when you select and load a new EQ preset says “[PRESET NAME] is now lodaded and used”.

That should be “loaded”…

Thanks!

1 Like

Exact! Thanks!

Hi @balbuze

Volumio V3.251
HW: rPi4-8GB, rev 1.4
DAC: Pro-ject Pre Box S2 Digital
VC: hardware

Not sure if I am doing something wrong (guess I do) but enabling FusionDsp makes the sound very flat and metallic. It losses dynamics and everything becomes thin.
As example I have taken the track “No Sanctuary here from Chris Jones on album Roadhouses & Automobiles”
Selected Parametric equalizer
Headphone 3204 - Sony WH-1000XM3

I see the headphone is loaded in the log, as FusionDsp return back to

But when I play the test track, the sound is flat, lost dynamics and even the start where you can hear the fingers moving over the strings, it sounds like someone is sawing a piece of wood with a metal saw.

Am I missing steps or doing something wrong?

If you have selected a headphone, the you should see filter applied (7or 10 peaking)
The plugin just use what is provided by autoEq. You may not like it … . But not related by the plugin itself. What happens when you click disable effect?

Not blaming the plugin (only that the profile dowsn’t remember the setting :slight_smile: )

Enable or disable the effects, doesn’t seems to impact the audio with the selected headphone.

However after clicking on Apply, it turns back:

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/T4MqQfH.html

2nd run from a fresh reboot.
I hear differences between enable and disable effects, as long as I don’t hit the apply button afterwards. As soon as i hit Apply, the effects are loaded again, even though I disabled them.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/if61p80.html

2 Likes

It is normal that pressing apply enable effect. You have to apply only if you make a change in settings (filters).

1 Like

Hi Balbuze, FusionDsp will not work with PeppyMeter installed? Asking as I had that same problem. I had PeppyMeter working bit as soon as I installed FusionDsp it stopped working.

Peppymeter does not comply with requirements for volumio Alsa architecture.
Sorry, but I can’t fix it. A work is needed in peppy meter plugin. I already suggested the author to create a volumio 3 plugin.

Thanks Balbuze for the quick reply. I’ll disable PeppyMeter for now

it won’t work more plugins that have not been official ported to V3

• Peppymeter
  • MPD oled

Hello!
If you don’t like the sound of your headphone eq by autoeq, have look here : List of Amir's Headphone PEQ filters | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

1 Like

Great, visit Amir’s site often for reviews, never for a PEQ filter though.
Loaded the MX4 file. The sound turns out great.

Thanks Balbuze!!

1 Like

Hi Balbuze! Any news about peppy meter from author. It would be great to have FusionDSP end Peppy meter working together.
regards C

No, sorry. Only the Peppymeter author can answer. We can help if needed :wink:

FusionDsp v1.0.9 (beta)

New

• Graphics eq : new button to reset to 0

Improvement/fixes

• Typo in EN, DE
  • PureCamilla gui as systemd service
  • code cleaning
  • A filter was missing in Loudness pipeline

To test, you have to enable “plugin test mode” under IP/dev

1 Like

Hello
Thank you for the brilliant work!
I got curious and want to try FusionDSP on my test system.
I noticed that playback only works if I switch the mixer from hardware to software.
So can I generally not use the hardware volume control with FusionDSP?

I use the Allo BOSS2 DAC.

regards
rust21A

Weird. I didn’t test your Dac, but there is no reason it doesn’t work. Try to save dac and mixer after you enabled the plugin.
And please, reboot, try to play a track and send log link right after.
Thanks