FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

What CPU you have?
I use a GIGABYTE NUC Brix 3150 with Celeron N3150, 8GB RAM and 1TB SSD for library.

Is it possible to display the ā€˜masterā€™ attenuation applied behind the scenes in the interface? This would help reconcile the measurements taken before and after.

Hi,
Iā€™m trying to use the latest version (0.1.20) on an x86 installation.
Sadly, itā€™s still unusable for me.
The playback stutters when the plugin is enabled and when i try to apply a preset or change the eq values, there seems to be no effect.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/0hWehOZ.html

Thanks

1 Like

@Arminius I use CeleronĀ® N4000, 1.1Ghz, 2 coresā€¦its MIS Cubi 8 fanless PC with 8GB RAM and 500GB SSD diskā€¦only other plugins I use are Music Services Shield and System infoā€¦
For FusionDSP I have just 1 parametric EQ to adjust 102 Hzā€¦

Thanks not that much other then my system.
I use 8 PEQ bands.

Hope @balbuze can fix it for all the users with x86 dropouts.

I upgraded to 0.1.20 yesterday evening and it seemed to work fine. (I leave my RPi powered on at night). This morning, I tried to play music but there was no sound and no error message. After disabling FusionDSP, there was sound again. After re-enabling FusionDSP there was still sound. It just needed a reboot. In case it makes a difference, I was listening to radio sources this morning.

Log: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/4OTHOFZ.html

The same appears to me (RPi Zero W / RPi 3B+): Sometimes after stopping and restarting or changing a webradio station, there is no sound while the connection to the webradio station seems to be established. Disabling and re-enabling the plugin solves this effect.

@balbuze: BTW Thanks for implementing the higher order Butterworth Highpass/Lowpass filters!

Is a Celeron N3150 with 8GB ram too slow for FusionDsp or are the dropouts not a performance issue?
But I used previously Daphile with EQ and resampling without problems.

No problems with your hw. The problem comes from something wrong in Alsa configā€¦

I just lost audio in the middle of listening to an album on a local USB library (on RPi4) so itā€™s not just radio. As before, stopping and starting FusionDSP fixed the issue.

Hope you can find it.

Jusr updated from 0.1.17 to 0.1.20 and rebooted. Delay settings are no longer available.

Do you need a log?

Hi,
I played with the settings randomly. there are no dropouts now.
There is no effect also howeverā€¦
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/AgiRZjS.html

after restart, there is no sound if the plugin is enabled.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/ihDMUUu.html

You need to remove previous version, reboot and install new version.

2 Likes

Done some more testing and can confirm minor dropouts also on my machineā€¦its much better than v19. Sometimes I canā€™t hear any during 1 song and next song there are several interruptionsā€¦

Yes sometimes only 1 or 2 dropouts during one song but sometimes every 2-3 seconds.

Hello.
Yes, the workaround is far from perfect.
But we know now where is the problemā€¦
Now, we are working to fix it in a reliable way.
But it is something not easy as it implies mpd and Alsaā€¦
I let you know. :wink:

3 Likes

I was also having frequent dropout problems so I decided to delete, reboot and reinstall v0.1.20 (the first installation was an ā€˜upgradeā€™). I now see the speaker delay section for the first time.

I noticed that there is still the issue with the parametric EQ that if you add an EQ, you lose all the settings in the previous EQs. I also entered an extra period ā€˜.ā€™ by mistake in the 12th EQ which generated an error message when I tried to apply the settings. That error also cleared the settings in all 12 EQs, which was a little annoying :slight_smile: Would be nice to have these small UI issues fixed at some stage.

The fresh installation seems to work perfectly so far with no dropouts (after just a few minutes of testing).

EDIT: the dropouts have returned after a few more minutes.