FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Hello together

Can I create a crossover with the zones in Multiroom and FusionDsp?

I want to run the satellites in one zone and the subwoofer in another zone. I want the satellites to be separated at 100 HZ and anything below 100 Hz to be reproduced by the subwoofer.

Thanks a lot.

Hello!
Multiroom send untouched signal. So on each device a different Dsp setting can be applied.
On the first device only <100Hz set a Lowpass 100,0.707

On the second device with satellites > 100Hz set a Highpass 100,0.707

And youā€™re done :wink:

1 Like

Hello balbuze,

thank you for the quick and positive response.

Have a good Sunday

Hello!
FusionDsp v1.0.19 beta

• Small fix for preset for PEQ for a future useā€¦ :kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • Updated default headphones list (more than 4150 models!). Thanks AutoEQ
1 Like

Hej,
Iā€™m having a problem when using fusiondsp together with a homecinema receiver using hdmi. Iā€™m using 5 channels in advanced mode and it works fine. (Iā€™m having an active speaker system playing stereo). But, camilladsp stops and restarts with a new config every time I switch album. I can reload my config with apply but thatā€™s a bit cumbersomeā€¦
Br Thomas

Hi!
You have to set FusionDsp on Pure Camilla Gui mode and stay here.
In Camilla Gui, once you have set your values, save your config camilla.yml (or something like that) in the required tab. It should be fine :slightly_smiling_face:
Edit: see here. How-to FusionDsp - #39 by balbuze

Hello!
FusionDsp v1.0.20 stable

Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello!
FusionDsp v1.0.21 stable

• New switches to mute channels

• Translation improvements

• Added Harman as target curve for FIR creation

Enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m having issues with 1.0.21 running on the latest Volumio betas.

• I entered some parametric settings and saved as a preset. The tracks would play but there was no sound.
  • if I used the EQ disable button (canā€™t remember the exact name right now), I got very distorted sound coming from the right channel only when the EQ was disabled.
  • I saved the same EQ settings as another preset and this time the same settings worked differently with audio only in one channel.

So itā€™s basically unusable for me at the moment but as I updated both Volumio and FusionDSP at the same time, itā€™s hard to be sure where the problem lies. If I find time, I might install FusionDSP 1.0.20 instead and see if that is working better.

I see. It is because I added new settings and the config file seems to be not updated correctly. 2 ways : remove and reinstall the plugin v1.0.21 or disable the plugin and remove the config

rm /data/configuration/audio_interface/fusiondsp/config.json

Then enable the plugin
In both cases, you lose your settingsā€¦
Iā€™ll have a look to see how to fix it.

Sorry for that.

1 Like

WARNING! I found a bug in FusionDsp v1.0.21 as @Voluminous described.
Iā€™m going to fix it.
The problem occurs after saving and loading a preset.
Please wait for next versionā€¦
Sorry for that :wink:

2 Likes

FusionDsp v1.0.22 stable

• fix for distorted sound bug introduced in v1.0.21

Sorry for inconvenience :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks, i updated and still got sound from only the right channel using my preset. So then i decided to explore the ā€œMore settingsā€ menu and saw that ā€œleft muteā€ option was selected, although I have never selected this feature. I unselected and applied the setting change (and got sound from both channels again), saved the setting, switched settings, then switched back to test it and the left mute was applied again. Seems that I canā€™t get rid of it.

Yes, the previous v1.0.21 corrupted the config file.
In your case, to fix

disable the plugin and remove the config

rm /data/configuration/audio_interface/fusiondsp/config.json

Then enable the plugin
Or remove it and re install
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Seems to be working now. Thanks for the quick fix!

youā€™re welcome

1 Like

Info : Autoeq updated theirs methods of optimization for Eq. Now it supports Highshelf and Lowshelf filters.
In FusionDsp, to use new calculated Eq with the new algorithm, just reselect your headphones and press ā€˜load and useā€™. Thatā€™s it :wink:
Warning : previous Eq are not available anymore.
More details Post in thread ā€˜AutoEQ Magic?ā€™ AutoEQ Magic? | Page 4 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

1 Like

Hello!
If you tested the new Manifest UI and its HUB, you probably noticed a new button if FusionDsp is installedā€¦ A quick access to enable/disable effects and a scrolling list for quick preset selection!
You need last FusionDsp v1.0.22

Enjoy!

6 Likes

FusionDsp v1.0.23 stable

Enjoy :wink:

4 Likes

can the two creators of fusion dsp and peppymeter get together to solve the problem so that both plugins run together, i have already asked in the peppymeter threadā€¦

1 Like