FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Version 0.1.32
Fix

• Resampling values were not displayed

Edit - Updating and reboot should be enough…

4 Likes

Hello,
Would you try to install FusionDsp on your aarch64?
If yes, unzip the attached file in

/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/alsa-lib/

Then download the plugin and unzip

wget https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/alsa_modular/plugins/audio_interface/FusionDsp/fusiondsp.zip
mkdir fusion
miniunzip fusiondsp.zip -d ./fusion
cd fusion

In package.json, change

"engines": {
    "node": ">=8",
    "volumio": ">=3" #change 3.236 in 3
  }

In Install.sh change

if [ $cpu = "armv7l" ]
becomes
if [ $cpu = "aarch64" ]

Save and now

volumio plugin install

I didn’t test it… :wink:
libasound_module_pcm_volumio.zip (22,1 Ko)
Edit : Now, Use volumio 3.236 and install directly the plugin

wget https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/alsa_modular/plugins/audio_interface/FusionDsp/fusiondsp.zip
mkdir fusion
miniunzip fusiondsp.zip -d ./fusion
cd fusion
volumio plugin install
cd ..
rm -Rf fusion*

@balbuze , now it is installed and working!
Thanks.
Volumio version: 3.236.
Board: Orange Pi PC2
CPU: H5

uname -a
Linux volumio 5.15.26-sunxi64 #trunk SMP Sun Mar 6 05:21:13 UTC 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Good!
So you have a 3.236?
If yes, it will be very simple for future versions!

Wonderful work there. No more dropouts! Yeah!

But I encountered a weird behaviour on my setup:
System: RPI 4, external DAC (RME ADI2)

FusionDSP 0.1.32 works (in principle). Works great with webradio, Tidal native, Spotify native.
When casting using Spotify connect or Tidal connect, the Volumio is displayed, casting fails and Volumio is not displayed as a casting device anymore.

Downgrade to 0.1.31 works like a charm (weird)

Upgrade to 0.1.32 - same behaviour as before, casting not working

Downgrade 0.1.31 - works and is good enough for me.

I don’t have a ‘pretty’, suitable log. Will try to test more and provide one this evening, if I can’t find the problem somewhere else.

1 Like

Yes, I’m making a Volumio image for OrangePi boards.

1 Like

No clue what happened there, even if I could reproduce it twice yesterday.

Did an uninstall, reboot, install reboot and now it works. Will keep it under surveilance and see if that behaviour shows up again.

Thanks for your great work. This plugin really makes volumio worth its money for me!

For Spotify connect, if you disable and enable the plugin, configuration is updated. It can be the cause if you didn’t

After updating to Volumio 3.236 and FusionDSP 0.1.32 everything seems to work properly on a Pi Zero2W! :smiley:
Unfortunately, I observe an unusual behavior on a Pi ZeroW:
After a fresh reboot, I am able to start a webradio stream - but without sound. After stopping the stream, I cannot restart a stream anymore.
For this test, I used the same SD-Card Image (and of course the same DAC) on both the ZeroW and the Zero2W.

Here´s the link to my log: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/doOfCeU.html

Pi Zero use armv6 arch, and PiZero 2 armv7l. Required lib are downloaded while installing.
So you can’t use the same SD for FusionDsp…
And I made no test with this version on PiZero
Feedback welcome :wink:

FusionDSP 0.1.32 (Volumio 3.236) works fine on Pi ZeroW :smiley:!

hello!
If you wish/want to see FusionDsp in your language, you can help!
Rename the attached file with your language
Example for Italian, the name becomes
strings_it.json
Carefully keep " " and , at the end (except last line)
.Then post here. I’ll integrate it for next release.
I hope you enjoy FusionDsp. Don’t hesitate to share your experience
Thanks
strings_en.json (12,2 Ko)

1 Like

Feature suggestion/request

Would it be possible to provide a resampling option of 2x base sample rate, as opposed to setting a target sample rate?

This would avoid upsampling 44.1 to 96 or 48 to 88.2 etc.

This something I discussed months ago with CamillaDsp’s author Henrik Enquist, and his answer

About resampling, with the camilladsp resampler there is no quality difference between for example 44.1 → 88.2 and 44.1 → 96. But doing 44.1 → 88.2 uses a bit less cpu since the FFT can use “easier” lengths. In practice I don’t think it matters, the Pi has enough cpu for both. There are algorithms that perform better when doing integer ratios but I’m not using any of those.

2 Likes

It was more that a feature like this would avoid downsampling when streaming tracks of differing sample rates. Eg - if the target resample rate is set to 88.2khz and a 44.1 khz track is followed by a 192 khz track.

My functionality request seems silly but it is not: a toggle to invert left/right channels.
My loudspeakers are in the middle of the room, when i listen them in the other side of the room it is annoying to physically rearrange cables…

Lol! This something I started to add long time ago… But I never finished because I was not sure it was needed…
I may have a look… But can’t say when.

1 Like

My suggestion:

Let’s feature-freeze FusionDSP, so we can focus of fixing the last bugs, polishing it, and finally publishing it.
@balbuze do you need any help doing that? When do you think there will be the release candidate of the plugin?

BTW, once more: amazing work!

1 Like

Most external dacs have a “Reverse Phase” setting. If you have one, you could look into that.

Even I’m thinking of plenty of new features/improvement, you’re right it is time to freeze and push as a stable version.
Since the version v0.1.32, I have had no negativ feedback :grinning:
So, if beta testers seems to be happy with it, we could release it as stable. Let me know what else is needed.

2 Likes