FTP into RPI4 VOlumio image?

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: v3–>
Hardware: RPI4 8GM
DAC: Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC came with the Argon NANO

Team,

Simple question, I can SSH into my Volumio setup and the WEB UI is great, but I tend to add entire volumes of music at once, for example Christmas is coming, so I have about 100 CDs worth of christmas MP3s to add.

Seems as though FTP would be the simplest method, only I cant figure out how to get one setup.

The Argon NANO system is one of the best plug and pray Volumio setups Ive seen, but right now I either physically unplug my drives and move them into my office to perform copies, or what I am trying now is placing another RPI headless, next to the argon and just moving the drives from one to the other. Not horrible, but Im sure there is a better way.

I have been told that copy through SSH can be done, Ive just never succeeded, and I dont know if its because of my naming conventions or just cant plain type.

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Im always loving learning!

Thanks

J

from where do you want to ssh for pc i can help

Enable ssh on the Pi and if you have a PC or mac, install an sftp client like filezilla, win-scp, cuteftp etc.

No need to install software.
Just read Audio Sources - Volumio Documentation
At the bottom of the page

Yes, that is what I did before I setup my NAS. I just assumed for mindwave that samba had not been available.

TEAM,

Thanks for the rapid reply, I completely forgot the SFTP option.

Your right, works like a charm!

Thanks

j