First post. Just wow!

Hi everyone.

I live in South East London, work with digital imagery for a living &, less than a week ago, had no idea that it would be possible for me to stream a lossless audio library in my living room.

Thanks to a mate who wrote a very comprehensive article (for a hi-fi magazine) I now have an RPi4b with an Allo Boss DAC, configured & working beautifully.

Up until now, all my music has been iTunes based. I’ve been starting with a lossless rip or download, getting that exactly how I like it with an ID Tagging app that I use & then converting to a high quality lossy file, for syncing to my phone.The lossy & lossless versions would sit alongside each other on my hard drive, with the lossless one being kept in the cloud (I use Dropbox smart sync for that). The lossless library has really been just a “master copy” to be kept in the cloud in the hope that one day I’d be able to get a music server that could play it.

Well, that day has come!

I’m using Volumio on an iPhone 11 Pro. The controls still seem a little counter intuitive to me, but sometimes it’s just a matter of getting used to these things.

Other than that, it’s pretty much onwards & upwards. The next step is to find a portable music player that can access an external hard drive & then I can take my lossless library with me wherever I go.

Welcome Snowdog to Volumio. :slight_smile:

Feel free to link to the article, it’s always interesting to read such stuff.

You don’t say what version of Volumio you are using, but if it’s not the beta Volumio3, then I heartily recommend that you give it a try. If you have a spare sd card, then there is no need to overwrite your current setup that you appear to be very happy with.

There is a new mobile version of the client in the pipeline too, I think. Also have a look at @Joni_Salminen’s ‘Volumio Control’, which is also looking very promising, but is still under development.

It is Android only thought, i don’t own any Apple devices currently so it will stay like that for now.

1 Like

Sorry @Joni_Salminen & @Snowdog … my mistake about Apple app.