feedback on the Hifi Berry DAC

After being bed-ridden for ten days , had another play with Volumio after finding the latest 1.2 image available again at sourceforge . Initially tried this in the main system with XMOS DAC and found the performance to be disappointing and unlistenable due to random dropouts . Out in the workshop with the Pi fitted with Hifiberry DAC a lot more encouraging :slight_smile: Have tried various formats and find the playback is clean with no dropouts or clicks/pops . I have 97dB/1W 15" co-ax speakers out there with a gutsy 10W per channel cathode follower valve amp and was nearly pinned to the back wall when the music came on , the volume control seems a lot more sensitive . I’m running around the 45% mark for normal listening instead of 86% with USB DAC . Currently using software mixer control . Anyway , to the Volumio and Hifiberry developers I think you have done a good job :slight_smile: Will give this a more thorough test-drive later this evening

Nic

1.2beta worked for me too, out of the box. The hifiberry sounds great, maybe with slightly emphasized high frequencies. Up to now everything has been fairly stable.

Does anyone know if the Hifiberry will be compatible with hardware volume control in future versions ? I have a PiDac which apparently does but don’t have a platform to use it on yet . It can’t be used in place of a Hifiberry as the I2S header is the wrong gender

cheers

Nic