F2FS support for Volumio 3.378

Just upgraded to Volumio 3.378 and noticed that my USB flash drive formatted with Samsung’s Flash Friendly File System (F2FS) is not found. This is the flash drive I was using to hold the music library.

I figured, I’m using a flash drive, so that means I should be smart about it, and use F2FS. Not really feeling so smart about that now. The old version from this summer supported F2FS out of the box, no questions asked.

Further investigation suggests that F2FS support was not compiled into the Linux kernel for Volumio 3.378.

ls /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/fs/*/*ko | grep f2fs

Does F2FS support have to be compiled into the kernel, or can it be loaded at runtime?

I’m running Volumio on a Dell Wyse 3040 Thin Client, an Intel Atom x86 type device. These thin clients can be picked up cheap on Ebay without needing to pay scalpers the going rate for a Raspberry Pi.

F2FS support was not compiled in and there are no plans to do so.
Loading at runtime is no option as the module would need to be compiled from the exact same kernel version.

1 Like

Not really the answer I was hoping for, but it does answer my question, and quickly too. Grazie!