Error opening Volumio

Volumio Version: 2.806
Hardware: RPI 2B + HiFi Berry Digi Plus Pro,
DAC: Homemade based on CS4398

Some guidance please.
This Media Player is built in to my PreAmp. I wanted to upgrade my RPI but the built in 5V PSU wouldn’t be able to power a RPI 3 let alone a 4. As a result I have changed from the internal PSU to an external Allo Shanty https://allo.com/sparky/shanti.html.
It powers both the RPI with it 3Amp output and the PreAmp 5V logic with its 1Amp output.
Since this change I sometimes get the following error when I try to open Radio Paradise.

I think it could be due to the sequence components power up, but its a guess as I don’t understand the error!
I also switched on the Volumio Error log and it gave the following:
VolumioError.txt (4.8 KB)

Thanks

Your posted log is incomplete …

Would you share some system logs please?

Preferable from a fresh reboot, with minimal steps to reproduce the problem :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply, sorry I thought I had as I have not had this problem before.
Set the ‘Send Error’ log and this what was recorded, hope I have done this correctly.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/gNFEEuY.html

Tried a re-power of the Analogue circuits in the PreAmp, i.e. the RPI and logic circuits stayed powered up. Same error. Tried a RPI re-boot from Volumio. Same error.
What does the ALSA error mean, is it a ‘failed to make a hardware connection’ sort of error?

Looks like your DAC isn’t being recognised. How do you initiate it?

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
  Subdevices: 4/4
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 2: bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1 [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1]
  Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones], device 0: bcm2835 Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
  Subdevices: 3/3
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2

Thanks Ash,
I think I have tracked down the reason, and it is embarrassing !
Somehow Volumio had been set to have a ‘Hardware Mixer’, and it hasn’t. Must have been me but I don’t recall doing it !!!
Funny thing is that it did work sometimes.