Equalizer

Please any body help me how to install brutefir plug ins?

@claudio1889
Before installing, are you familiar with brutefir? Do you use it and your custom filters ?
If yes, please tell me your config : RPI, dac, mixer.
To install just download the brutefir.zip and install it through the webUi. Have a look at the readme.
I’ll give you more details tonight.

Dear balbuze i am not familiar with brutefir so please give me the details of installing this plug ins. i waitting for yor reply .

Claudio, please carefully read the reply already given to you.

webui means ? how to update this plug ins ?

which option click from webui for update brutefir plugins ?

Claudio1889
I’m going to explain you how to install, but I’m afraid you’ll be disappointed.
First, what is brutefir ?
“BruteFIR is a software convolution engine, a program for applying long FIR filters to multi-channel digital audio, either offline or in realtime”
Have a look here : https://www.ludd.ltu.se/~torger/brutefir.html#whatis
As I explain, the working part of the plugin allows to use custom filter for doing DRC digital room compensation.
The equalizer part is not functionnal…
I invite you to have a read here
https://volumio.org/forum/volumio2-and-brutefir-t4151-20.html?hilit=brutefir to install…
First download the file :
https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/miscellanea/brutefir/brutefir.zip on your computer.
In volumio, go in right side menu and select plugins and go to upload plugins. Click to upload the brutefir.zip file. The plugin installs. When finished, reboot volumio, go in playback setting and select loopback as output. save
Go in plugin, and in advanced setting select the correct output (your dac and save). That it… To test a filter, enter it name in left and right filter. Have a look in /data/INTERNAL/brutefirfilters to see available. This just to check your config. The sound will be different, but not good… You have to generate your own filter with a microphone, a soft such as REW, rephase etc… But not easy…

@balbuze
Ok, I had to read up on DRC and brutefir. So basically the main purpose of the plugin will be to leverage room equalization within Volumio? That’s pretty cool, but doesn’t this require more expensive hardware (processing power) and isn’t this rather difficult to get set up properly by the average user (not the plug-in installation, but filter creation, etc.)? Maybe I am wrong.
I’ve been waiting for a simple EQ implementation for Volumio, so it appears this is not going to happen anytime soon. I am not complaining. I am just trying to get sense of what the time-line may be. Keep up the good work guys.

Thanks

Cheers

Hey michelangelo… I see you referred folks interested in an Equalizer implemation to the brutefir thread; but there hasn’t been an activity in about a month. Brutefir seems interesting, but I think it’s way beyond what most folks are looking for: a simple EQ implementation akin to the likes of Deadbeef or Foobar. Can we see some progress on this front anytime soon? Folks like myself have been waiting for this for several months now.

Cheers

I’ve been watching and waiting with crossed fingers for eight months now. :wink:
How goes work on the equalizer?
Cheers and thanks! :sunglasses:

Hello volumio group when equalizer features available in volumio2 ?

Hello ! Any news on this plugin? Available to test if needed…
Good luck!

I don’t think you’ll be seeing this feature any time soon.

If you really need some EQ functionality, have you considered routing your analogue audio signal through a miniDSP 2x4 prior to amplification?

I use one of these for EQ and bass management (splitting the signal between my active subwoofer and desktop speakers).

https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/minidsp-2x4

Works great!

Dear i want to rpi2 connected to my hifi 1500 watt 2.0 amplifier . there was no filter so i want to equalizer in volumio that i control sound quality . mini dsp 2x4 are price 120usd so it is very expensive . please volumio group add equaliser plugins as soon as possible .

Dear anyone tell me when available equalizer in volumio ? kindly tell me what is the progress of equalizer plug ins ? brutefir plugins have equalizer but not effect in sound quality.

dear can anyone tell me when equlizer available in volumio ?

Closing this thread. Repeatedly asking the same question is a pointless exercise.