Ebay es9038q2m board

Hi,
I have just purchased a generic (Sodial, Luysa) Sabre es9038q2m rpi hat dac from ebay.

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre … 4559088518

I have also purchased the optional oled screen and remote control/volume board that goes with it, similar to the audiophonics one but a lot cheaper. It says in the ebay advert that it works fine with Volumio. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this dac, whether any extra programming is needed (I’m a complete rpi novice) also whether the oled and remote work easily or do I need an extra driver.

Thanks in advance,
Tim - Oxford, UK

For anybody interested I received the es9038q2m based dac from ebay. It sounds excellent, a good step up from my covia zeal es9023 usb dac before which was already impressive.
The dac works fine with volumio using the hifi berry standard driver. Sadly there is some background noise there on quiet music. I’m not sure if this is a fault with the dac board or not, any ideas or people with similar problems I would be grateful. I thought i2s 40pin dacs were supposed to have less background noise than usb ones.

It turns out my tiny usb wifi dongle was causing interference to great relief. I moved it to another socket which cured the problem. Worth remembering for anyone that has strange noises coming from their dac.