Dual ES9038Q2M DAC from audiophonics.fr

Supplying plugins to users, yes that is being seen as much appreciated community work and from what is in the repo, this appears to be very successful.

Supplying plugins to suppliers, like Audiophonics, for free? I can hardly believe that is going to happen anytime soon. They should and will probably get all the support they ask for, but this does not seem a Volumio Team development task to me.

But, to be continued…

Looking around for this matter i came up with this which is quite promising from my prospective.

5/12/2020 image now on line

https://mega.nz/file/IZBznQ5L#Q7Eh1-VXPTbE1PN-KAHV_MvvFjjwyR56i5MnGZ9jBgw

Great, it’s version 2.853, although the image is labeled as 2.852.
I use it as long as there is nothing better :wink:

Some questions if u don’t mind
What is your listening experience with it?
To what gear is it connected to ?
Do you use XLR or RCA?
Have you tried different kind of speakers with it?

Kind Regards

Hi stanislav,

sounds great - see here: VOLUMIO soundcheck invitation for Hamburg, Germany

At home it’s on XLR (Cambridge 651w) always ELAC speaker.
Best, jens

Hi there. I am new.
Just bought the Kit from Audiofonics.
So far so good. But i have a harsh noise sporalic when i skip or switch of the DAC / STREAMER …any idea?
Thank you

A bird twitteted me that we can expect a plugin for the evo soon. That would be great.

I didn’t notice, but I’ll see and get back to you.

1 Like

@MarcB
i did not find a harsh noise when switching input select or turn power off/on when rpi selected.
Best, j.

Will this Audiophonics dac also work with Asus Tinker Board in instead of the Pi?

The ES9038Q2M DAC driver in the Tinkerboard version is not fully compatible with the one used for the Audiophonics DAC the RPi.
It may work, but chances are, spdif and mute won’t work because that is where the driver differs.

google translated:

Hi, nice to meet you fabio!
I sent a volumio email, they advised me to talk to you: slight_smile:
I use volumio with the raspberry with optical or coaxial cable, I would like to know if volumio is compatible with this dac audiophonics ian canada receiverpi sound card
spdif i2s interface for raspberry.
Many thanks in advance!

2 Likes

What do you mean with this, you already have a DAC hat?
I believe you are in the wrong thread, because this thread is about the DualES9038Q2 Audiophonics DAC hat, not the one you mentioned.

Hey guys!
I’m looking for some DAC for my RPI to build a nice streamer+dac in a single case with colorful screen for Volumio UI. Also, I would like to have multiple inputs to switch between my TV and Volumio.
Do you think this solution is still good enough? Maybe, there is something more modern and nice performing?
Thanks!

Version 3 is now avaible here:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/blog-diy-audio/23-start-up-evo-raspdac-rasptouch-raspdac-mini-with-a-pre-configured-image.html

I still hope that we will get a plugin for the board so that we can use the update function.
It would also be nicer to be able to use official images.

I’ve given up that hope a long time ago, despite our offer to help. Nothing happened, “beaucoup de blabla” in the beginning but no progress.

The volume is very low and independent from volume control settings of Volumio.

Unfortunately i also did have these “beaucoup de blabla” impressions in an other case.
They are great in hardware - but in software questions there is only some progress but no continous support.
Anyway i do like these french guy’s.
Pretranslating by deepl etc. and trying to get in contact in french language often opens the door to our french neighbours :slight_smile:
I still hope they will see their chance with cooperation - yes it’s possible to buy their hardware easily in Europe - so why shouldn’t they be interested in selling more ?

@Judidudi: Did you already try a deepl translated communication with Audiophonics ? Don’t know your french language skills :wink:

We offered coorporation and support (from the community), they decided not to take it.