DSP on a pi zero 2w

Hi. I’ve bought a pi zero 2w board and I’m interested if the new processor would be able to run Volumio with tidal connect and to do DSP (convolution filter).
I’ve read somewhere that Camila would use float64, but I’m unable to find a simple answer.
Thanks!

I had CamillaDSP running fine on RPI0-2, with the latest Volumio 3 release

1 Like

Do you mean the plugin FusionDsp or you have installed CamillaDsp by your own?

So they are not both the same? I intended to go with fusion, as I’ve found the tutorial for it.
Either is fine. Which one should be working better, Camila or Fusion?

1 Like

In fact, FusionDsp is a plugin for Volumio 3. It is based on CamillaDsp (all effects are handle by).
It provides a lot of features, and no need to tweak some files…
Just enable ‘plugin test mode’ in IP/Dev and install it from the plugin store.
Please report your experiences in the related thread : FusionDsp for Volumio3 beta
Last thing, what is the tutorial your are talking about? I still haven’t wrote it! :thinking:

1 Like

Hey that was you :joy: sorry, wrong term, just few steps on how to get into test mode and install the plugin.

I’m going to put the streamer and the setup together by the end of the week and then I’ll post some results.

By the way, when is Volumio 3 officially coming out?

1 Like

Short answer, when it’s ready :wink:

When you are in Volumio UI, add /Dev at the end of the address.

With your plugin FusionDSP

As far as I know, all raspberry Volumio os are still based on 32 bit. On the other hand, Camilla DSP (GitHub post) states that performance would be the best on 64bit OS.
Is there any way for the fusion DSP plugin to use Neon in arm7 to get additional performance?

The advanced NEON intrinsics is for armv8, so the pi4 should be able to take advantage of it OTB.
But we don’t use armv8 user space/kernel for the PIs as then you would need specific images depending on the type of pi.

For Armv7, you could also compile it with support it should be straightforward during cross compilation to build it with target-feature=+neon. Surprised that they don’t already do it?

Edited for clarity

Well, looks like they do :slight_smile:

Have a look here :CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc. - Page 236 - diyAudio

2 Likes

That post is the very reason for asking!
I was told that Camilla only uses 64bit architecture and doesn’t benefit from Neon on 32bit.