DSD files are played in PCM

Please , tell me how to get that information. I’m just a simple music and audio fan, I don’t have advanced computer skills.

I don’t need that information. I simply checked that Topping was on the Volumio compatible Dac list before I signed up for virtuoso mode

That list is information from community members, not a Volumio tested list.
I don’t seem to be able to do more for you then. I would have supplied vendor/productid if I were you, but ok, got it.

the list was very reliable as Volumio 2 worked perfectly with Topping d90 and Topping E30.
We will keep trying to fix this or we will go back to version 2 which was more reliable than this one at the moment

then that depends on you, request for info and offer to check is there, your choice.
I’m only trying to help, can’t change the PI kernel, neither can Volumio, so give us the chance to check.

thank you very much for help. I can follow his instructions if he tells me how I can get the information he asked for.

You will get support with the Volumio issues, not the DAC firmware upgrade.
That would be between you and Amenero as we do not support hardware issues.

Tomorrow I will try to list the quirks differences between Raspberry PI kernel 4.19 (volumio 2) and their kernel 5.4 (volumio 3).
According to the sources, it seems the usb audio driver quirks module has changed, Need to analyse the details. When it has, there is not much we can do at the moment because the Raspberry kernel 5.10 kernel (the one we would like to use) has a “non-blocking alsa audio” issue, which stops us from using it. I will also check the diff between 5.4 and 5.10 and might have to leave it after that.

1 Like

Hi @tenorjgp

I see you have posted in the fusion DSP plugin thread asking about activating it.

Do you have Fusion DSP installed and activated ? If so it may be the cause of your problem. My D10 behaves the same as as you describe (for good reason if you think about it) when I was testing Fusion DSP.

Disable it and see if it outputs DSD corectly

Just a thought :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is not Topping specific. I have tried 2 Topping DACs and one Loxjie in my possession with the same result.
In my case, the issue of DSD played as PCM is only existent when logged in as Premium user. Whenever I log out - DSD playback is correct.
The suspected issue is multi-room sync playback implementation which deploys AISA loopback device functionality.
Switching multi-room off (option found under “Sources”) does not work straight away though: you need to do the following (at least in my setup):
a) switch off multi-room
b) log out from Premium user (unfortunately, the new UI and multi-room not available)
c) reboot

Then DSD works correctly (Topping D90SE, Topping E50 and Loxjie D30 tested).

1 Like

Thank you very much for your valuable message. I just received a message from Volumio support, stating that they are trying to fix this problem. And I understand then that it should already be considered as a general defect.

The direct dsd mode already sounds in Topping e30, but now the Quobuz interface does not appear…

Which version are you on now?

Hi,
You said that with topping e30 dac, if tou set dsd direct them you can play dsd files? Meaning that’s the settings is not inversed?
Thanks

That’s how it is. Now it is not reversed and I did not have to change anything to make it that way. I understand that it has been fixed by the technical team

How it has been fixed? I have the same issue.
@mervinio @volumio could you please give us more details.
Thanks

After a new reboot of the system, Quobuz already appears but the native DSD playback is reversed again. What a madness. I do not recommend anyone to sign up for Volumio 3 premium at the moment.

It is clear that part of the problem has to do with the compatibility of the different services. That’s why they say that the dsd works fine with the free option.

I shouldn’t have bitten the apple and it would still work with Volumio 2 and virtuous mode

Understanding your frustration, please hold and be a little patient. My setup does not have any of these issues and I’m logged into myVolumio most of the time while I’m testing one of my USB DACs (Khadas TB and proJect pre-box S2 digital).
But, I will try to get the devs put some priority on it as others have similar issues.
Hope to hear more soon, but don’t expect it to be fixed tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help and interest. I’m sure it will be fixed