DSD files are played in PCM

That’s how it is. Now it is not reversed and I did not have to change anything to make it that way. I understand that it has been fixed by the technical team

How it has been fixed? I have the same issue.
@mervinio @volumio could you please give us more details.
Thanks

After a new reboot of the system, Quobuz already appears but the native DSD playback is reversed again. What a madness. I do not recommend anyone to sign up for Volumio 3 premium at the moment.

It is clear that part of the problem has to do with the compatibility of the different services. That’s why they say that the dsd works fine with the free option.

I shouldn’t have bitten the apple and it would still work with Volumio 2 and virtuous mode

Understanding your frustration, please hold and be a little patient. My setup does not have any of these issues and I’m logged into myVolumio most of the time while I’m testing one of my USB DACs (Khadas TB and proJect pre-box S2 digital).
But, I will try to get the devs put some priority on it as others have similar issues.
Hope to hear more soon, but don’t expect it to be fixed tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help and interest. I’m sure it will be fixed

Hi guys,
update on this.

We have fixed this issue, and we are just testing the fix internally to confirm everything works as expected before releasing it as an update.
I hope it will be a matter of days, we would love to get your Christmas filled with bit perfect DSD music…

2 Likes

Thank you very much for this Christmas present. Magnificent!!

Thanks for the update.

We did the new image wih DSD fix in place.
We are now testing it. If all is good, it will be a matter of days before we upgrade

1 Like

I just upgraded to version 3179. Correctly listening to DSD files to Dac Topping D90 in Direct mode
Thank you very much for your effort and dedication!

Hi,
From where you have selected direct mode? I can not find the setings anymore? I have e30 dac
Thbaks

1 Like

It is within the general playback options.

1 Like

Hi,
În general playback options I do not have this sertings anymore :frowning: @volumio , any ideea pls why I do not see this option.

Maybe you selected simplified mode? Run the wizard again and select full set of options

Hiz
Sorry but I have run the wizard 2 times… And I do not see the options to have full set config…
Thx

1 Like

Best thing:
Fresh boot, do your thing to get to the Playback Options and then please share some system logs
Preferable from a fresh reboot, with minimal steps to reproduce the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I will do so and come back. I am so curios about so dsd file…

Hi,
Fresh boot, dsd direct on e30, all is ok :).
Thanks for this fix.

i have the same issue when trying to play dsd files from my plex server or directly from the hard drive via windows share folder it plays in pcm format 352Kbps im running the latest version on volumio on pc with a topping d10 usb dac and every setting i tried still the same issue

Hi! I recently bought a Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra. The streamer has its custom Volumio software installed on it and I have the same problem with DSD playback. The latest firmware for the streamer was released in July 2022, before this issue to be solved in Volumio 3. My streamer is connected to a Topping D90SE DAC.

Anyone else in the same situation? Does anyone have any idea on if and how this could be solved? I really have doubts that Pro-Ject will solve this with a new firmware. Otherwise I really like the streamer and I would like to keep it.

Regards,