DRC and Volume Normalization

When I activate the DRC plugin, I can only select None or Software as mixer.
I select None, as my Dac has a volume control, but I don’t seems that the “Volume Normalization” is doing something. Is this a bug?

What is your device and your Dac?
What is the version of Volumio and the plugin?
If your Dac supports hw volume mixer, then it doesn’t change with the plugin…
Reset the plugin, disable it. Reboot and set your Dac and mixer. Test. If ok, reboot and retest with a track.
If everything is ok in playback settings, then enable the plugin and wait 15 sec. Go in the plugin settings and save. Play a track.

My device is a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2. DAC is a Benchmark DAC3 HCG via USB.
Volumio 2.853 and plugin 1.9.3
The Dac seems to support hw volume mixer.
I’ve followed your procedure and everything is working as expected on the DRC side, but with that mixer the spotify plugin doesn’t work anymore. This is what I’ve tried to solve here , but I didn’t work and the only way was to set the mixer to none.

So, at the current stage, I can use
1 .DRC + hw mixer volume, but not spotify
2. DRC + mixer none + spotify

How can I help you to debug this?

BTW, I think I’ve misunderstood what Volume Normalization does. I thought it was to apply the replaygain or r128, but is not. Or?

No DRC + HW mixer = Spotify connect ok ?

@balbuze yes, it’s working

so disable Spotify connect, enable DRC wait 15 sec and then enable Spotify connect

@balbuze now Spotify it’s working with DRC and hw mixer !
So, in case of problems, the procedure to reset everything is:

1. disable Spotify
  2. reset the DRC plugin, disable it. Reboot and set Dac and hw volume mixer. Test. If ok, reboot and retest with a track.
  3. enable the DRC plugin and wait 15 sec. Go in the plugin settings and save. Play a track.
  4. enable Spotify connect plugin
    Right?

Just disable and enable Spotify connect to update its config after enabling DRC

Thank you!