[done] Full Spotify integration

Any progress in this? Spotify is the only reason why i havent thrown my sonos out yet :slight_smile:

Spotify has been included since Volumio 1.5.

Go to Menu-System, scroll down untill you see “Streaming Services”. Switch it to ON, enter your username and password and press “APPLY”.
You might need to reboot.

Enjoy

Hello,
I am restarting using Volumio after some time.

I have downloaded the newest release and setup Spotify plugin. (btw, updated look is amazing!)

I am missing some Spotify functions I guess anybody would enjoy.

• Navigation in my Spotify library is limited to my playlists and lacks pages for my artists, albums, songs.
  • Use of download function for premium users would be really great for offline use.

Thanks for suggestions,
regards

Mario

Hi Mario, we’re using a new Spotify API in Volumio 2 which will give you access to your artists, albums, tracks etc. in the future. However, to access that part of the API we need people to authenticate their account by logging into Spotify (versus entering their username/password), something we’re not set up to support yet. After a final stable release of Volumio 2 we will add this functionality, along with a number of other capabilities such as providing a Spotify Radio like feature.

Downloading tracks will never be possible with any third party Spotify app - that will always be restricted to apps developed by Spotify.