Does Volumio 3 support gapless CD playback?

Gapless CD playback works on two other (free!) Raspberry Pi music players I have tried, but they lack some desirable features that are in Volumio, such as Qobuz and Tidal support. It is obviously possible and Volumio just needs to get it done to become a more complete player.

1 Like

Just did

Can you please be a little more clear? :slightly_smiling_face:
Do you mean that is now possible to play a cd on a cd drive, gapless on volumio? If so, is it an update, some settings neeeded, or it just works?
TIA

Wheaten moved a few posts in the thread to another thread, so just a remaining post from that and not a solution to your issue…sorry.

So, it´s been a while. Today after I found the time to update all my raspberries and plugins, I decided to give it a try and connected my cd-drive. Surprisingly the drive was quite quiet, so I expect some silent improvements on this side, and I would like to express my appreciation. I would say that I could live with this level of drive noise, but the essential feature still missing is GAPLESS PLAYBACK.

To summarize this thread and some others: …bla…bla… “fairly trivial” …bla…bla… “PREMIUM FEATURE”…bla.

So PLEASE: @volumio “check and enable it” !!!

Some of us will be very pleased…

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Arnd