Does 'now playing' plugin display when source is airplay

I have just set up the pi 7ins screen and have ‘now playing’ plugin running. It shows the expected track information when playing internet radio or from an attached USB stick but not from tidal via airplay. Should I expect this?

I have generated and input a genius access token

thanks for any help

john

in '21 there was some work on this but i will ask him for you.

@patrickkfkan can you give him a anwser on this.

Thanks for your reply. That makes sense. I haven’t tried it with my NAS yet, shoul I expect to see track information from that source?

Regards
John

1 Like

Hi John, does the default UI show track information? When playing through Airplay, go to http://<volumio address>/dev. What do you see under ‘Player State’?

1 Like

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your help

The default UI shows track information when source is internet radio or connected usb. It does not show track information when source is airplay. When source is airplay the track plays ok but the ui shows the information on the last track played from usb.

The volumino/dev player state shows info about the last usb track not the currently playing airplay track

Regards

John

if you give him some info from http://volumio.local/dev maybe he can see what’s happening…

this is from /dev which was from USB but track from Tidal via airplay currently playing

Player State

{“status”:“pause”,“position”:25,“title”:“13. Good Vibrations.FLAC”,“artist”:"",“album”:"",“albumart”:"/albumart?cacheid=853&web=//extralarge&path=%2FUSB%2FHD_MUSIC%2FHD%20tracks%2FSmile&metadata=false",“uri”:“mnt/USB/HD_MUSIC/HD tracks/Smile/13. Good Vibrations.FLAC”,“trackType”:“FLAC”,“seek”:9139,“duration”:224,“samplerate”:“96 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:false,“volume”:100,“dbVolume”:null,“disableVolumeControl”:false,“mute”:false,“stream”:“FLAC”,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“mpd”}

The Now Playing plugin displays whatever info is in the Player State.

The problem is with the Airplay plugin not providing the player state data for the current track being played. It is the responsibility of the music service plugin to provide this data for display in the UI.

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your help - it is a brilliant plugin.

1 Like