Documentation Feedback

Don’t worry for your PR! It’s summer time, even for the volumio team :wink:

OK, I will try focus on something else :slight_smile:

Would be nice to rename the section websockets from the documentation, it’s very confusing to use web sockets when Volumio doesn’t actually support websockets, it only supports socket.io which is not the same as websockets.
socket.io/docs/#What-Socket-IO-is-not

I have a small change to the docs in this PR:

github.com/volumio/docs/pull/61

however the CI is not happy with “The command “bash ./deploy.sh” exited with 128.” towards the end of this page:

travis-ci.org/volumio/docs/builds/502438823

Please help merging it. Thanks!

I think it would be useful to have the information of compression ratio (kbps) for the song that i hear beside the information of bits and Hz.
Especially for web radio, I believe it is a critical information in order to choose a radio station according to the quality of signal.

Congrats for the good work!
Aggelos

About this page SSH - Volumio Documentation
For MacOs why does the documentation suggest downloading openssh while the standard Terminal app and typing ssh like in linux also works?

Hi ergre, welcome to Volumio. :slight_smile:

Documentation is very important, especially accurate documentation. It is always a difficult thing to get done though. If you feel that you can improve things, or correct the current documentation, then please
contribute.

Hello.

I have been struggling to store my music to the internal SD card. The information is out there, but swamped by many old posts that I found quite confusing.

In FAQ’s - Audio Sources

Can I use the unused space of my SD card for music?

Yes. Volumio has a folder called ‘INTERNAL’ set aside for this, which uses the free space on your SD card. The folder is shared on your network as a Samba share called “Internal Storage”. You can upload music files to that share and they will be shown in your Volumio music library, in a folder called ‘INTERNAL’. Note that the folder does not appear in the music library if it is empty.

Can we add something along the lines of this please?

Internal folder is located in /mnt
MacOS Finder Go > Connect to Server > type volumio.local , select Connect as guest
Windows Explorer, in the address bar type \volumio.local

Minor improvement, but I have seen these questions on almost every related post.

Thanks