DIY streamer with volumio in standard 43cm box

Can you share me a copy? Thanks

1 Like

@lausiv

Returning to inform you that I finished my Project, based on your idea to integrate the Pi2AES in a better case.

At the end, I decided to split the streamer+LPS from the display. I am not using the display so much.

Thank you very much by your great idea and support.

Best Regards,

QJA

Marcos

1 Like

Can you give me the app-10d3e9fd4c.css file, please?
Thank you

2 Likes

Hi All,
Just building my Volumio player. Parts used: Pi4 B 8gb, Hifiberry DAC2 HD and Waveshare 7.9 400x1280 Touch Display. The idea is fit this player into 80’s Sony hi-fi component, so, it will be looking similar to other parts of my vintage sound system
It is first time me to use or work with Linux OS. I have assembled all parts, burned and set Volumio, added PeppyMeter but i did this everything by wi-fi on laptop. Then I have received display, connected and surprisly it doesn’t work… Display I mean.
Here is manual for it:

I was pretty sure it will be plug’n’play like…
Folks, can look on Software debugging part on this on-line manual, please.
Cannot figure out. Trying in few way and still it is not works to me.
On the back of display green LED is flashing but display is black…
Any advise?

@gvolt can you please help him ?

Did you install the “Touch Display” plugin, before you installed peppy_meter?

Yes. Right now on second card I trying to get starting this without PeppyMeter.

Is the dip switch set to buster I2C1 instead of 0

1. Turn the DIP switch on the back of the LCD to I2C0 or I2C1 mode, the Bullseye branch uses I2C0, and the Buster branch uses I2C1. The default is I2C0 mode.

And step 4 should be

sudo bash ./WS_xinchDSI_MAIN.sh 7_9INCH I2C1
Instead of 0 i guess.

Since you decided to use a DSI display you first need to install the drivers.
1 - enable SSH, via http://volumio.local/dev
2 - open a putty session
3 - and follow the instructions given by waveshare , Software Debugging step 4

1 Like

It come with 0. At some stage I have switched to 1 and doesn’t help. Must be on 1?
Right now I’m running new copy Volumio on second card. Without PeppyMeter _ currently installing Touch Display Plugin

First install the needed drivers

Putty is some software. I’m using Windows PowerShell. Is this OK?
(told you complete noob to Linux…)

The 7.9inch DSI LCD needs a driver. And as far as I can see there is currently no driver available from Waveshare fitting the kernel version (5.10.92) Volumio 3.324 uses.

yes no problem, you can even do it from the CMD shell.

@gvolt So how to get my display working? Any chance?
Maybe older version of Volumio…

1 Like

If our GURU gvolt is correct, return the display and get the HDMI version. That works without issues.

1 Like

Crap… return to China…
Should go straight to HDMI but was not sure if this will fit into my enclosure…

At least try if you can install the drivers and see if it works. It should at least show you the boot sequence.

You need at least 2 cm additional space on the HDMI side of your enclosure. maybe a bit less if you use a 90deg hook connector.

If you have spare room on the sides you can opt for this one:

IMHO currently the display will not work with Volumio. The driver is compiled for a newer kernel than Volumio uses ATM, so an older Volumio version won’t solve the problem.

And since there are no sources available from Waveshare (AFAIK) you can’t compile the driver yourself.

you could ask the supplier of the screen. if he got it for that version?
Or not? Or ask waveshare if they got it?