DIY streamer with volumio in standard 43cm box

please look at the second post there is a ziped userconfig file

could you tell me where I must place the files which map?

you should put it into boot folder, there should be also config.txt

@lausiv
I saw your Pi2AES solution just now. Amazing job. Congratulations.

Regards, QJA

1 Like

Hi,

I am starting to develop a box similar with the one proposed by @lausiv on this topic. I also have a Pi2AES/Rpi4 and I bought the same display used here.
The issue now is how to configure the Volumio 3 SW.
Based on what I understood. I need to perform the following steps:

1. Install the Touch Display plugin and enabled it? - OK

2. Enable the contemporary_advanced plugin in the plugin section.
    under settings you could alter many options. I could not find this plugin, where does it reside?

Sorry, if it is very basic, but I am start to learn.

Thanks by your support.

Regards, QJA

Marcos

1 Like

this plugin will alter the layout and many more but no vu meters

this plugin will give you the vu meters

@dvo

Thanks by your support and prompt response.

I tried to install the Contemporary_Advanced plugin. However, I received an error of No matching version - no installation possible!

I used this link to copy the file:
wget https://github.com/2aCD-creator/volumio-plugins/raw/gh-pages/plugins/volumio/armhf/miscellanea/contemporary_advanced/contemporary_advanced.zip

Did I make some mistake?

Regards, QJA

Marcos

1 Like

i think he is not yet working on the latest version but i will ask him if he could look at is
and check and ajust it for the latest version…

Thanks. I will be waiting for an update of this file.

Best Regards, QJA

Marcos

we have to wait for a bug fix in the skins before we can update it again.
there seems a bug of in classic or contemporary so that we have to wait till the next release.

best regards,
dvo

Hi guys, instead of contemporary plugin on volumio 3 I recommend and prefer “now playing” plugin (which is default plugin). You can use your own background or track cover as background. It is easy to configure by clicking settings and has various options (blur, fade etc). Here you go, how it can looks on volumio3.

1 Like

Link to the now playing plugin from @patrickkfkan :

1 Like

Thanks, I couldn’t find this topic.

@lausiv and @Wheaten

Thanks by the recommendation. I will try this plugin.

Regards, QJA

Marcos

Hi, very nice DIY streamer. I have one too, I would like change my basic display with this wide color one. Is possible from your side to send me code for change UI to fit this LCD. Thank you. I tried to find it on recommended a2CD project, but without result.

2 Likes

Hi, of course I’ll try to help, but first please give me info about volumio version You use.

I am trying to apply the Now Playing Plugin.

However as a newbie, I am having bad results. For sure I am doing something wrong,

Issues verified.

a) I can only see the Now Playing 0.1.4. When I tried to uninstall and install again later, I could not see the 0.1.4 version.
b) My display resolution is 1920x480. I could not see this resolution to select.
c) Is it necessary to run the Touch Display plugin and then the Now Playing.

Any help?

Best Regards,

QJA

Marcos

Hi,

I could make it work. It was necessary to edit the userconfig file with @lausiv settings.

Thanks @lausiv and @patrickkfkan by the nice work.

Best Regards,

QJA

Marcos

3 Likes

Hi,

Last 2 version, 2.915…
Or I can use version which is fit for it.
Thank you

ok - so tell me what is current stage with your project; did you manage to run this screen with volumio? you can also insert some screenshots of current situation…