DIY streamer with volumio in standard 43cm box

I’m so close to doing a similar project, all the parts finally came.

My only issue is the touch screen digitiser doesn’t seem to work.

I connected into my windows 10 laptop and it just doesn’t recognise the touch screen or board.

The screen doesn’t come with drivers or instructions so I’m not sure if it’s the board or the digitiser itself. Something i will have to check and look into.

The screen itself is nice, clear and works well.

Now please remember this is my first time doing this.

I managed to install volumio and installed the touch screen plugin.

When the screen was connected I wasn’t getting anything from it, so I just read a few forums and copied a script to the config file just to get it working.

I didn’t actually know what I was doing, as im just learning as I go.

But simply I copied these lines.

hdmi_cvt=480 1920 60
Hdmi_drive=1
Hdmi_mode=87
Hdmi_group=2
#dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

To the config file and saved it.

It came up with a few errors but the screen came to life. It’s in portrait mode presently but happy I got this far.

Now I need help for the rest?! What do I do now guys?

I’d like to have it landscape mode but also have the ability to use the touch screen and control functions.

Thanks!

1 Like

in the touch display plugin is a option to rotate.

or do this…

1 Like

ok this is great i copied the ipconfig file but what do i do with the app-313 file?

How do i use this file?

Thanks

Why don’t you use my userconfig file? It should work for your screen as well. There is rotation and full streaching to all borders of the screen.

It is better to use userconfig instead of config - config file can be replaced after some updates of volumio system.

1 Like

Thanks Lausiv

I have done that now and it seems to be working properly, i also used it in the userconfig file.

what do i do with your UI css file?

1 Like

You can replace original one, but I suggest to use additional menu following 2aCD thread.

1 Like

What are you using to power down the system?

@Mayday
putty ssh : sudo shutdown
or in volumio UI shutdown >> power off

1 Like

Wow, i found this by serving on the internet, im totally new.
is there a way to make make this so that i can download this and use it on the RPI
i don’t know how to do this.

maybe there is somebody that can help me out.

1 Like

Hi,

Have run the screen in general with volumio? What exactly is state of your project? In which step do you need help.

Would you mind sharing that pic you´re using as background. I think it´s perfect! :slight_smile: :star_struck:

No problem - feel free to use it :slight_smile:

Eeeh? Where is the pic? :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Lausiv,

I’m totally new with Raspberry and Volumio, and want to build a streamer
i have to download the IMG, and have the RPI4/screen/I can use Win SCP to add or change Volumio

need wiring schematic, how to connect, is there a way that you make a link to download the img you have made.

thanks

1 Like

Strange, i have download the last version, but cannot make a connection with the RPI4 not with putty
not with WIN SCP, i can see local

Please enable SSH, volumio.local/dev

1 Like

Thanks I did not know this.

Where can I find the map to add the zip file,?

Thanks.

Hi,

is there somebody that can help me out to make everything work, I have the large screen I have WIN SCP, RPI 3b. Please step by step I’m totally new in programming

1 Like

did you enable ssh ? http://volumio.local/dev or ip of your http://< your ip> /dev

1 Like

Hi, I admire your great project!
Have you used the display version with backlight adjustment?