DIY streamer with volumio in standard 43cm box

If I did understand @isercan correctly swapping the driver board solved that issue for him.

Did the rotation option on the configuration page of the Touch Display plugin not work? If you haven’t tried it and want to test it, remove display_rotate=1 from “/boot/userconfig.txt” before.

ı have always contacted with seller. they have upgraded their board with brightness button and it have gap problem. I tried all comand also rotate too, but never worked. there are big problem on new driver board. I have started to use old board . please try to find old without brightness driver board

2304d3660faf4d6c9f9fd8103afa7dad02be96e1_2_375x500

Hi, thank you for the speedy reply! @isercan I will try to contact the seller and see if I can get a board without the brightness switch, as mine has one. I thought you had a problem with your screen over scanning not under. And @gvolt I was experimenting with using the rotate in the touchscreen and decided to leave the settings in the touchscreen plugin alone and just use the userconfig.txt to simplify the configurations.

Not sure why but my screen layout is a bit different than @isercan. My album art seems to be more center justified, whereas @isercan left justified

you can managment them on now playing plugin. there are alot of option for your screen. But ı tried many code but gap never change.Maybe @gvolt can find a way for fixed. I understand that this gap will be a problem for us.

I wanted to buy old version but he sent me new version it is really bad. Now have a big gap and frame problems. When pi boots volumio black screen have gap and debian letter looks ebian. Try to buy old version. The old veraion works better, you can see on 2nd photo.

1 Like

I am sorry to hear that! I contacted the seller about the problem that we all seem to be having with this display and board. They asked me to send some pictures, and I also sent a link to this thread. Their reply back to me was that from the photos was, “the right side of the panel is not working or not displaying what it should”. They did not see the problem and it is is working fine! I was a little bit surprised by the response as it’s obviously not working as it should. Here is a link to a thread that got me started on this project in the first place:

Anyways I am not going to give up yet, but I have to go out of town for a few weeks so I won’t be able to work on this project for a little while. Maybe @gvolt could chime in and give us a hand! Anyway I’ll be back in a few weeks! Good luck isercan!

1 Like

@Johnh1967 ı have solved this problem with old version driver. I dont have gap. If u want to old board one, a seller sells on AliExpress
That seller always check his dispaly portraid mode and on pc. I told hım pi4 and try it landscape but he didnt do it. So ı find another seller and bought old version

I have the same monitor. Bought from this seller. A controller with backlight control. I also have an image in Volumio not in full screen. I connected the monitor to a windows 10 laptop via an HDMI cable. Full-screen image of the monitor. It will not be possible to make claims to the seller for a non-working controller. The problem is Volumio.

saying that windows does it well, will say nothing if it should work on a pi
if he claims that it’s working on a pi he should show you that, if it’s fails to do so you can claim.
ask him if he could reproduce it on a pi instead of in windows.

it sounds like if he’s saying that a apple and a banana are the same.
and yes they are both fruit and you could both eat them but the look and taste are different.

1 Like

Thanks. I will try. When selling, the monitor was declared to work with Raspberry.

otherwise he should add that the screen is partly working on the pi (disclaimer)
then people will not buy that screen for the pi.

1 Like

@isercan @gvolt @dvo @Andron66
So I just wanted to leave this here. I contacted the seller of the screen and board again because I noticed that one of us left them a one-star review. I asked the seller what are we supposed to do about this issue, the response that I got was this.

"I know he gave me a star of feedback, but I am very helpless. I really want to help him solve it. But I have no other solution. Our company upgraded the old drive board , so now, we only have a new driver board that can work for the screen.

Our company upgraded the old drive board , so now, we only have a new driver board that can work for the screen.

I want to provide you with good service, but at present he said that only the old driver board can solve the problem. But you know, for our company, the new driver board works very well on the screen, and we basically won’t change the driver board. Because we have mass-produced new drive boards"

Unless the company can provide an RPI boot/userconfig.txt file that works or is compatible with their new boards, they cannot claim that they are compatible with Raspberry PI. I guess for me it’s time to go shopping for another display that I know works. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, I am located in Tokyo, so shipping is always an issue. Cheers and thank you to all of those who have chipped and helped and trying to solve this problem.

~Thanks John

without:
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d
the screen show content not in all width…

https://gist.github.com/innovodesign/3f5775d19cb890c0aa59fbb96757bf4b

Thank you, @Andron66 I gave that a shot added: dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d

###works but screen cut off###
hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
hdmi_timings=480 1 48 32 80 1920 0 3 10 56 0 0 0 60 0 75840000 3
###New###
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d

hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_force_mode=1
hdmi_drive=1
framebuffer_width=1920
framebuffer_height=480
max_framebuffer_width=1920
max_framebuffer_height=1920

###Rotate the screen###
display_rotate=1
display_hdmi_rotate=1

Got full screen but can not get it to rotate! LOL

append fbcon=rotate:3 (or 1) to /boot/cmdline.txt

In Raspberry Pi, the screen rotate. Not in Volumio. The seller did not promise anything in Volumio. Does not accept claims.
I don’t have any more options.

1 Like

contact this seller and ask him about old board without brightness control. I bought a spare card from him and it works good.

2 Likes

So I clicked on your link, and it looks like that is the older style board, so I ordered one, and I’ll go from there. @isercan would you mind sharing your configuration text file so that I may duplicate it on my system board arrives and see if it works?

2 Likes

Of course @Johnh1967 i will share with you. And if you want i can share with you cad drawing for this screen the best modushop case. Please let me know when it arrived to you

1 Like

I modified hdmi_timings and now i don’t have gap on the display using new controller board. Here is my userconfig.txt

hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
hdmi_timings=480 1 48 32 80 1920 0 32 16 24 0 0 0 60 0 75840000 3
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_force_mode=1
hdmi_drive=1
framebuffer_width=1920
framebuffer_height=480
max_framebuffer_width=1920
max_framebuffer_height=1920
display_lcd_rotate=1
display_hdmi_rotate=1

Hey, I wanted to let you know that the driver board arrived. I plugged it in and fired it up, and it works perfectly with the file that I already have. No more gap! As far as the case, I have one coming as well, and I think I will try and use a glass front instead of machining a metal front panel. But we’ll see.

I totally forgot to hit the send button!

1 Like