Display TFT 3.5" Kuman on RPi 3+

Hi all!

I’m new about Volumio ;),

I’m trying to configure a tft display, I’ve followed the script called “ws*” and the display works, But the color are wrong. is reverted.
link of the monitor --> https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01CNLYL1C?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details
Any help?

Regards
Edoardo

Hi @mela125,

what is this “ws*” script you mentioned? Do you have a link?

Please post the content of /boot/config.txt and /boot/userconfig.txt.

Hi @gvolt,

the script is that,
this is the content of /boot/config.txt
initramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=32
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
and /boot/userconfig.txt

volumio@volumio:~$ gpu_mem=32
volumio@volumio:~$ max_usb_current=1
volumio@volumio:~$ dtparam=audio=on
volumio@volumio:~$ audio_pwm_mode=2
volumio@volumio:~$ dtparam=i2c_arm=on
volumio@volumio:~$ disable_splash=1
volumio@volumio:~$ hdmi_force_hotplug=1
volumio@volumio:~$ cat /boot/userconfig.txt

Add your custom config.txt options to this file, which will be preserved during updates

dtparam=spi=on
dtoverlay=waveshare35b-v2-overlay
dtoverlay=waveshare35b-v2-overlay

Regards
Edoardo

It could be that the dtoverlay in /boot/userconfig.txt does not suit your display.

The Kuman documentation refers to the LCD35-show script from the GitHub repo of goodtft. The LCD35-show script (don’t run it :wink: ) installs goodtft’s overlay tft35a-overlay.dtb. So I would try that overlay instead of “waveshare35b-v2-overlay”. If this should not help, could you post a screenshot showing the wrong colors?

Edit: Together with @S-Informatik I have worked out a solution for a 3.5" display of Quimat using the tft35a overlay. S-Informatik has been so kind to sum up the necessary steps here. The Quimat display seems to be similar to your Kuman display so maybe that guide works for you, too.

BTW: There is no need to have the same dtoverlay entry two times in /boot/userconfig.txt (but I don’t think this causes your issue).

Hello @mela125 ,

If I were you, as @gvolt had already written, I would try the solution I created with him. I myself was extremely desperate because of the whole thing and didn’t expect that I would come to a solution with @gvolt so quickly.

I will try as best I can to follow the thread. :sweat_smile:

best regards
Leon :wink:

Hi @gvolt and @S-Informatik,

finally it works!!!

Many Thanks Guys!

1 Like

Great! :grin:

Thank you for your feedback.

Hi @mela125,

that pleases me very much! :blush: :innocent: