Display rotation RaspberryPi 3 & official Touchscreen

Hallo!
I need to rotate the screen 180 degrees
with the command “display_rotate=2” in the /boot/config.txt file, the image is rotated but the touch does not rotate … Did I do something wrong?
Thank you
Giulio

I did not test for myself but according to https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=120785 using

lcd_rotate=2

should help.

Great!
Thanks very much!
:smiley:

Hey Guys,
I know this post is over 2 years old, but I’d like to add a remark just if anyone ends up here searching for a solution (just like I did).

You might edit /boot/userconfig.txt instead of /boot/config.txt as the later one gets overridden with every OS update.

Hope that helps.

In the meantime the Touch Display plugin allows to rotate the display from the plugin’s config page. So for this purpose it is not necessary anymore to modify /boot/config.txt or /boot/userconfig.txt. :slight_smile:

Ahhhh… alright. That’s great news!

gvolt You’ve helped me in the past, but after updating to Volume 3, I can no longer rotate the LCD. If I use the plugin, then the screen is black after I rotate. If I put it back to 0, it works great : ) I bought another 5" display to give it a shot. Ive tried “lcd_rotate=1” Display_HDMI=1, Display=1…

I’ll keep hunting : )

What hardware (Pi model, screen brand and model name) are you using now?

By how many degrees are you trying to rotate the display?

Also please post the results of

cat /boot/config.txt

cat /boot/userconfig.txt

(Nearly) the same problem: volumio 3.324 on raspi 4 connected to waveshare 7inch HDMI LCD (H) capacitative touch. Works fine. But I would like to rotate the Display and touch by 180 degrees. But when I adjust the settings of the Touch-Plugin: the touchlayer semms to be rotated, but the displaylayer not.
config.txt:
initramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=32
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
force_eeprom_read=0

include userconfig.txt

Volumio i2s setting below: do not alter

dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplushd
ignore_lcd=1
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d
########### Neu fuer Waveshare Touch Daiser ###########
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
config_hdmi_boost=10
hdmi_drive=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 6 0 0 0
########## Ende neu fuer Waveshare Touch Daiser ######

userconfig.txt:

Add your custom config.txt options to this file, which will be preserved during updates

Touch Display rotation setting below: do not alter

display_lcd_rotate=2
display_hdmi_rotate=2

Please try removing

dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d

from “/boot/config.txt”.

Thank You for 1) high-speed-reaction 2) the advice. Now its perfect!!!