Deezer plugin coming?

I’m a Qobuz and Deezer subscriber. I got Qobuz installed with a plugin. The Volumio website stated that there was native Qobuz support, and by installing Volumio primo 3 this seems not to be the case.

Nowhere can I detect a Deezer plugin. Is support for this streaming service in the pipeline???

Regards,
RonL

Hi Ron,
QOBUZ native integration is there: you need to sign up for Volumio premium.

Deezer support is not there, despite all of our efforts, Deezer stopped replying to our email.

Thanks, I had the Qobuz plug-in running in no time after consulting the forum. Still, the Volumio website said there was native Qobuz support. A bit misleading.

I will mail Deezer and try to ask what the problem is.

Why misleading? What can be improved in communication?

Because it was not standard included like Spotify on the main setup page. I had to search for a plug-in on the community forum. As I’m working with Linux and SBC computers it is fairly common business, it is easy to install plug-ins, but not for an uneducated user. So please include native Qobuz install on the set-up page for a new custom installation.

regards,

Sorry, forgot to mention that I have opted for a Premium account!

Where do you get such plugin and such wrong info?
Qobuz is included if you have a Myvolumio non free account… Just go in sources a login.
No need to install anything by hand :wink:

Was not so when I installed it 3 days ago! Made a Premium account and after that followed the website instructions and NO Qobuz install feature was available on the GUI. So I landed on this community and found the way to install Qobuz via a plug-in.

Again, NO Qobuz was present in the sources install items!!!

1 Like

You have to login Myvolumio, enable it on your device and the login Qobuz in sources

Where did you find this plug-in? Are you talking about the old ones found on Github?

Yes, some 3 ear old github file.
volumio-plugins/plugins/music_service at master · volumio/volumio-plugins · GitHub

I think you’re confusing quite some stuff here… The plugin you linked does not work at all, it never did…

Let me re-establish some truth:

• Volumio has QOBUZ native integration, which requires a premium account. To use it, you need to navigate to the Settings → Sources Menu and login.

Hi,

Two updates about Deezer. First, they launched recently a feature called “Deezer Connect” expected to mimic the “Spotify Connect” feature. Second, it seems they updated their API (https://developers.deezer.com)
Do you think that something can be done out of this to make Deezer usable on Volumio like Spotify or Qobuz?

Regards,
Nuelan

Hi,

We are one year later. Today Deezer state that the “Deezer Connect” application is functional and now it’s up to each manufacturers to add the functionality with the tools provided by Deezer.

Is there something planned?

Regards,
Nuelan

1 Like

As far as I can tell, Deezer Connect doesn’t work anywhere near the same way that Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect do. It seems to simply be a remote control at this stage.

Remote control is what we want for the Connect feature, am I wrong? What I’m expecting is using my cell phone with Deezer app, which would acts as a remote over Volumio.

I don’t think I was clear in my previous post. Tidal/Spotify Connect run a daemon (background program/service) which outputs the sound via Volumio which you can control with your phone/PC. Tidal/Spotify also then allows the developers access to the API to fetch metadata (tracks names and album art etc) which are then displayed on Volumio.

Deezer connect (AFAIK) only allows you control a Deezer app or other authorized device via your phone/tablet/PC. I.e. you can control the Deezer App on your PC from your phone. They don’t yet allow Volumio (or anyone else) to play Deezer streams through Volumio and pick up the metadata etc.

Thank you for the clarification. Actually I don’t care if Volumio is able to fetch metadata since the Deezer app on the phone has already the metadata. i.e. everything is done with the Deezer phone app but the streaming is handeled by Volumio. Like it’s working for Spotify with the Spotify connect plugin for Volumio.

What @charliesjc means is that it is not actually a remote. The only thing this API can offer, as far as I can see, is a possibility to control Deezer from Volumio and only from Volumio. It would be compareable to Qobuz. You would not use your phone and the Deezer app.

As it states it is an API to integrate Deezer login, control and playbacl into other applications. It does not state anything about a connect option.