DAC for Pi3 or Pi4 - which one next ?

Just search polarity issue on topping e30 and you will find the info.

Well it has, the firmware update probably resolved the issue for the USB port. But in reality, this can be easily overcomed by changing the polarity in your player SW - here an example from Audirvana

but most of them allow that.
You should also know some of the tracks are actually recorded with inverted polarity anyway.
The other option is to switch polarity in your speakers.
Or you do not bother at all, because one would hardly recognise the difference. Just test it your self in the player and try to observe what difference it really makes.

Thanks a lot for the explanation, because I am on way to buy one and this issue somehow stopped me.

Does volumio supports this feature?
Thanks

Well have left my RPi in my office so I can’t start Volumio, need to have a look as I get back to work. Will post an update on the on monday if nobody else confirms.

Would like to ask some more questions related to this DAC topic:

Why does no one recommend HiFiBerry?

Why not using an Allo DigiOne, connecting this through digital output to my Marantz Receiver and using the internal Marantz DAC? Do those external DACs like Schiit offer better sound quality compared to the RPi->AlloDigiOne->Receiver-Solution?

I guess this solutions are very versatile and we should use the solutions that fits our needs, use receiver dac, or external dac, or a hat dac… I see there are multiple choises…

Well I have checked the polarity changing options in Volumio player, but there is no option for doing so. There might be a plugin. You can connect to RPi running Volumio as DLNA renderer, then play from Audirvana which can connect to DLNA renders in the network, and set the polarity there, or in Roon when the RPi running Volumio is set up as Roon endpoint. I believe HD Player should be able to do so as well and I think that comes for free. Haven’t checked that. But there is no option in the Volumio player itself, I could identify…

Hi,
Topping e30 suport native dsd from volumio?
Thx

Still waiting for my e30 to be delivered. But I do not assume this should be a problem, as you set the desired transport protocol in the playback options for the particular device.
My HiBy R3Pro in usb DAC mode just plays DSD fine which I can confirm from its screen, see the screenshot of the playback options…

Hi,
From where have you order it?
Thanks

Audiophonics.fr, I should have rather ordered from topping-europe (a distributor), now it takes a little longer. It is in transit. I have a business account with audiophonics, so I can order w/o VAT…

Hi,
I can not find this site, topping Europe

Should be http://topping-audio.com/ but seems the site is down right now…

What about the PecanPi DAC or PecanPi USB
www.orchardaudio.com/pecanpi