Could not load/find Alsa

So now I got most my car audio project working, but somehow the Hi-Fi berry DAC 2 stopped working. On bootup the green light on it would light every time. I read if you disable restart and re-enable it will work, but that didnā€™t fix it. Itā€™s very picky in which DAC option I choose in app, so I pick the first hi-fi DAC on the list, and it was fine. I tried searching my problem but a lot of DAC threads didnā€™t seem to have an answer. I will try plugging it back inside the house, because it might be a power issue.

Iā€™m running Volumio 3.179 with Raspberry Pi 2B

*Update - Tried powering on the Pi in the house, and the DAC still wonā€™t power on. Tried turning off I2S or whatā€™s it called and reboot, then turned it on, still no power, is there a script I need? I normally just select Hifi berry DAC (first hifi option) and it turns on.

Did a little voltmeter work and tried to see any spikes or drops on pin 2 and 4 grounded to pin 6. they stayed 5v during the whole boot. However, I noticed now as I load a DAC profile it will turn on, but only up to the Volumio chime, after that it shuts off. Also, I can choose just DAC, DAC plus, or DAC + Pro so far they all power the DAC on. Any idea which one Iā€™m supposed to use?

• I also checked the EEPROM setting in the config.txt and it was already coded properly.

did you try this :
look at the last post :wink:

I havenā€™t tried that. Where would I get V2 at? Also I used " Aplay -L" and it showā€™s:

Does this mean if itā€™s visible, then Volumio recognizes it?

v2 isnā€™t supported any more so ā€¦
yes it shows there but does it show in volumio?
if you comment it out the part force_eeprom_read=0 it should be there.
but i think you will still have a asla problem.
i think you could get the latest version of v2 still some where i will look 4 you.

Well, as long as Iā€™m connected over hotspot I see my profile, but Iā€™m not sure what you mean by seeing the DAC in volumio, I see lots of hifi DACā€™s to load. Oh Iā€™m supposed to remove the EEPROM line? I saw it in there and thought I was supposed to leave it. Lemme go change that. Ok thanks!

not remove it just comment it out so that it wonā€™t load for test.
this is a guess so try it maybe it will helpā€¦
your dac should be this one ā€œDAC plusā€

Ok I just commented it with ā€œ#ā€ and still it turns off after the chime. Ya DAC plus was what I used starting out.

uhm iā€™m still looking in posts to find any help ā€¦ i think you can take the comment oway.
all i can find is or switch back to v2 or use HifiberryOS.

Ok, If I have to buy a different DAC thatā€™s ok, but thenā€¦at that point I may have to upgrade my Pi anyway, I just donā€™t know how I had it all working before. Unless it was never really stable? because I only played music from it for about a day probably.

i have a pi 4 /4gb and a khadas tone board on usb ā€¦
but at the moment it is hard to get your parts.