Contemporary optimizations plugin for local connected displays

i asked the creator and got a update he will get on it when he has a little time.

best regards,
dvo

is it somehow possible to connect 2 displays? 1 for volumio interface 1 for peppymeter ?

1 Like

I have this not checked. Per default Peppymeter write to DISPLAY=:0
It’s defined in:
/data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/config.txt
and
/data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/run_peppymeter.sh

You can try to change it to DISPLAY=:1 the second display and use the first for volumio.
But I have not thest this.

1 Like

I have check now the contemporary plugin with buster 3.198: it works. The css files are not changed with this Volumio version.
No update of plugin is needed

:+1:

2 Likes

Hi together,

I have update the plugin to V 1.0.6 with support of VOLUMIO Buster 3.233.
The latest css files start with app-10…css.
To use the update do the follow:

• disable the addin and reboot
  • make the system update (if needed)
  • copy the new contemporary_advanced plugin to your home directory
  • with putty switch inside your folder and run
volumio plugin update
  • if it run sccessfully enable your plugin again and press save on all sections. This activate your old settings.

Best regards and have fun

1 Like

Hi,

I got my screen from post office today. Waveshare 7.9" capacitive touchscreen with 1280x400 resolution.

I tinkered around a bit with the plugin settings and got the layout mostly working nicely, but there is small issue with track information vertical positioning. I would like to center it or at least move down a little bit vertically, but could not find good way for this. There is that “Track information container position” setting that suppose to move it vertically (or at least I understand, it should, the info button text is not too informative), but changing it does nothing. At the moment the track name is too close to Back button and I want to move it a little bit lower. How can I achieve this?

Edit: After some more time spent, it seems to be tied to UI scaling, if I turn it off, then this positioning parameter works, but playing buttons and slider bar will be then too small. Is it possible to change size for slider and play buttons separately?

hello, thank you for your preliminary work with the 8.8 inch display. but when i use your file from i have no volume indicator or i can see volume displayed on the phone screen ! or did I overlook the solution for this?

Yes you are right, there is no volume indicator but Afaik in whole contemporary design, you don’t see volume indicator.

P.S. for version 2.9xxx and 3xx, better solution in my opinion is to use “now playing” plugin, especially with this screen.

1 Like

Does this work with the latest version 3.251?

no the plugin is not yet updated for the latest version.

Mostly I have got this plugin tweaked as I like. But one thing is left that I haven’t figured out, how to solve without changing overall scale factor (that messes up the layout). The size of slider bar and play buttons. At the moment these are quite hard to touch, because they are too small:

Could I change the size of them somehow?

does the now playing plugin work along with peppymeter as a screen saver?

1 Like

Yes it does, and you can decide when (after xx secs) should peppy meter run as screen saver, till this moment you will see “now playing” screen.

2 Likes

how set it for 50 inch 4k tv. ?
I will pay for this help

You don’t have to pay here. You will surely find a solution. This is a forum of “good people”
First, write what you want to set?

Thanks for the reply. I got it up and running. Just need to figure out how to make it work with Spotify or just have it show only for local files

1 Like

I don’t use spotify, but i think there was some issue with spotify - you can ask author here [PLUGIN] Now Playing - #246 by patrickkfkan

now playing works fine with spotify. I meant peppymeters

Yes sorry my mistake, wrong link :smiley: here is correct link Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster - #803 by tyzwyzb

As far as I am aware, cover art, track info and time remaining are working. the VU meters are not working for SPOP.